• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Angus Bull?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
What's the story on the Angus bull that Stevenson's partnered on for the big money. Who-what-when -where-why. If it's an EXT it's surely a sign of the apocalypse lol.

I think he brought either $216,000 or $261,000. I watched it on RFDTV. He looked like another Black bull with good numbers. Don't know the pedigree. If I remember right, the sale was Wermans Angus. I might be wrong though.

1407 x Midland x 6I6. He is a very good bull, but not one that is an all-star. I bet in 6 months he has dropped off the radar screen.

It will be interesting to hide and watch. They may go for an all-out promotion on the bull.

In visiting with Larry Leonhardt at one time, someone had traded him an interest in a highly promoted bull for one of his. He had just gotten the bill for his share of the advertising. As he threw it on the table he remarked, "Look at this. One of my bulls could have died and made me more money than this bull".

He tells it like he is. Says he is "just a dirty little beet farmer." He is much more than that, however, and the time we we were there with him was time very well spent.

FH: Thats right. It will be fun to watch. With the big outfits like Express and Stevenson Basin in on the deal you can bet there will be lots of promotion.

I watched most of the sale preview and was not that impressed with the majority of the 1407 and Midland bulls that they sold. But I have to admit that I am pretty critical.

By the way NR. If you need some more EXT blood just go through the bull stud books and theres plenty to pick from LOL.

Faster horses said:
It will be interesting to hide and watch. They may go for an all-out promotion on the bull.

In visiting with Larry Leonhardt at one time, someone had traded him an interest in a highly promoted bull for one of his. He had just gotten the bill for his share of the advertising. As he threw it on the table he remarked, "Look at this. One of my bulls could have died and made me more money than this bull".

He tells it like he is. Says he is "just a dirty little beet farmer." He is much more than that, however, and the time we we were there with him was time very well spent.

Have you been back to visit Larry? He has not brought an outside bull into the herd since HBR Clint [The highly promoted bull you mentioned] that was 5 yrs ago. Larry only used Clint on a limited basis. Too much milk and birth weight. He didn't breed like he was promoted.

Larry is tired of the purebred b.s. and AAA, he sells nothing with reg. papers any more. Just good problem free cattle to the commercial man.

Northern Rancher said:
What's the story on the Angus bull that Stevenson's partnered on for the big money. Who-what-when -where-why. If it's an EXT it's surely a sign of the apocalypse lol.

Yeah those EXT's are bad. My last 2 that had calves- I walked over to them and picked up the calf,stood on my scales and weighed the calf. I then put the calf down as his mother was watching all this happen while she was standing next to me. lol I wished I had mor of them but at $100 a straw I'm looking at his sons.

Watched a little of the Wehrman sale on Superior today-- they had several sons of Ext-- and those sons appeared to be a little high headed too :D

well there's enougfh of them out there-maybew a few are quiet but the majority aren't-One thing they're easy cattle to cull no anguish when a few more scurry up the loading chute.

We had a waspy old cow today that took Saddletramp while he was on a colt. She thumped both of them pretty good, and hit ol' ST in the leg. It's swelled up and causing him to gimp when he's on the ground. Have no idea what her pedigree is, because I don't keep any records of such things. Her EPD stands for Exasparatingly Pathetic Dispositon. :wink:

Same here-no records on cow pedigrees,cause not in the registered business,but have records on all cows. So how is ST doing this a.m.? Well as long as he can get on a horse,he can find work around there that he can do :lol: No in all seriouness,hope he is ok. Here a few wks. ago a 1st calf heifer rolled me,guess I wasn't expecting that from a heifer.Well I was stiff for a few days,but that was it. Have a good day!

I hope Saddletramp is okay. Not good for the colt either. My dad has a few cows like that. Best thing to do is stay about 1/4 mile away from them for about the first week after they calf. They are out of an Angus bull called BF Rainman that Select Sires sold.

Now Saddletramp's leg is so sore he can't get into a feeding tractor :wink: :lol2: :nod:

Soapweed, hopefully Saddle Tramp will get along okay today. What is it they say, "the third day is the worse?" The colt is probably as sore as he is. Darn, hate it when that happens...

No cow is worth hurting a good cowboy and a good horse over. But sometimes it just happens. :x

BTW, :lol: @Denny's post! :D :lol: :wink:

Latest posts