• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Animal protein found in US feed

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Bull Burger

Reaction score
I found 2 dead birds in some oats I purchased last week. This oats was born, raised, and harvested in the US. Made me think how Canada keeps getting the shaft by the doomsayers down here.

I was thinking about the "neighbors" post on the Ranch Talk forum, and how an invisible line shouldn't really change that. I'm glad not to have supported putting our neighbors to the north through such hell, as I doubt the Rcalfers could have such a clear conscience. But I'm sure one will tell us how all of this supposed short term gain is all worth it.

Cal, when we look back at 03, 04 & 05, with some seperation, I think we'll see that keeping the border closed this long had a depressing effect on price. Beef at the artificial high prices is going to build up the piggers and cluckers. Furthermore, the Canadian beef we embargo doesn't evaporate. If it doesn't come here, it will displace US beef somewhere else. All this is above and beyond the human misery heaped on good people that you note is unconscionable.

I hate the rift growing ever wider in the US cattle industry as well as the US and Canadian cattle industry. One would think this amazing prosperity would be enough to go arround.

Brad S said:
Cal, when we look back at 03, 04 & 05, with some seperation, I think we'll see that keeping the border closed this long had a depressing effect on price. Beef at the artificial high prices is going to build up the piggers and cluckers. Furthermore, the Canadian beef we embargo doesn't evaporate. If it doesn't come here, it will displace US beef somewhere else. All this is above and beyond the human misery heaped on good people that you note is unconscionable.

I hate the rift growing ever wider in the US cattle industry as well as the US and Canadian cattle industry. One would think this amazing prosperity would be enough to go arround.

I think you said it the best with your post, Brad. But as far as the effect of prosperous times is concerned, I think if we look at history, it will show that prosperity brings division, greed and contention, whereas injury, want and need bring unity and develops strength. (It will be interesting to observe the long term outcome of BSE in Canada, there will be big surprises).

When the dust has settled, I believe we will see who is the real human article and who is nothing more than a selfish pig. The hints of the impending truth are all over this board and will be exposed in due time.

I found 2 dead birds in some oats I purchased last week. This oats was born, raised, and harvested in the US. ********Yes, those recordkeeping rules for grain /food etc. are going to get tough afterDec/1/05 as FDA takes over.The source and destination will have to recorded in real time and who was the subject that handled the product.Our database records can be seen at wwwscoringsystem.com/agri/ that will do the job.

How anyone could stab a fellow cattleman in the back, with only a fence to seperate them from us, for short term economic gain is beyond my level of comprehension. I simply cannot relate.

When pork and poutry are the real competition, the scapegoat becomes the Canadian producer and the packer.

I can only hope that we can learn from this insanity when we reflect back on it.

~SH~

STAFF said:
I found 2 dead birds in some oats I purchased last week. This oats was born, raised, and harvested in the US. ********Yes, those recordkeeping rules for grain /food etc. are going to get tough afterDec/1/05 as FDA takes over.The source and destination will have to recorded in real time and who was the subject that handled the product.Our database records can be seen at wwwscoringsystem.com/agri/ that will do the job.

Do you pay for this advertizing spot Staff.

Was to a reply that no one else could answer.Of course you will have to provide the proof at your ag level too.Do you have the necessary records to comply with your product being shipped to the US next Dec.05 TAM?

Latest posts