• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Annual bull buying pilgrimage

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Today the Kosmo Kid and I went to pick out the bulls we need for this summer, from our longtime supplier. We carried over more bulls than usual from last year, so only needed yearlings with light birthweights to put with yearling heifers. We ended up picking some nice half brothers, all sired by Connealy Thunder. The ones we purchased were all born unassisted from two-year-old heifers. Here is a bit of information about the sire. I forgot to take any pictures, but they seem to have plenty of eye appeal.

http://www.sitzangus.com/herdsires/ConnealyThunder.html

Big Muddy rancher said:
What NO pictures? :shock:

Your slippin' Soap. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought of it once, but we weren't done sorting. Then it slipped what is left of my mind. :wink:

cowboyup said:
Soap,
The Connealy Thunder bulls are really nice bulls. I think you will be happy with them.

That is nice to hear. They looked good to us, and the heifers will probably think they are handsome, too. :)

We ran a Connealy Thunder Bull that we purchased from some fellow contributors on here last spring, so I had better be nice, hey CA. :wink: :wink:

I will be able to tell you in a couple weeks how he calves because he bred all our heifers and a couple cows. I am really happy with how he wintered with the herd bulls, being pampered like he was on nothing but some grass hay. He carried his condition as good as any other yearling we have had on the place.

Only problem I have with him is the past owners are such difficult people to deal with. They show absolutely no interest in how he turned out and could of cared less if he even bred a cow. :shock: :shock: :wink: :wink: :p

I kid of course, this couldn't be farther from the truth. Great people and I think they have probably more interest in whether or not he is going to work for me than I even do. :eek:

North Ridge Ranching said:
We ran a Connealy Thunder Bull that we purchased from some fellow contributors on here last spring, so I had better be nice, hey CA. :wink: :wink:

I will be able to tell you in a couple weeks how he calves because he bred all our heifers and a couple cows. I am really happy with how he wintered with the herd bulls, being pampered like he was on nothing but some grass hay. He carried his condition as good as any other yearling we have had on the place.

Only problem I have with him is the past owners are such difficult people to deal with. They show absolutely no interest in how he turned out and could of cared less if he even bred a cow. :shock: :shock: :wink: :wink: :p

I kid of course, this couldn't be farther from the truth. Great people and I think they have probably more interest in whether or not he is going to work for me than I even do. :eek:

TY North Ridge for the poke and comment, we like any cattle that work, but when we breed them and sell the upper crust as bulls, it is our desire that they work for our customers, and if not friends before we hope they soon will be!

CA

Latest posts