• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Another Branded Beef Question

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jeff in ca

Reaction score
Since we have had a great discussion about CAB. I thought I will ask another question about branded beef. Harris Ranch is the big name out here on the West Coast. Check out their website; www.harrisranchbeef.com. Is there any other feeding companies that offer products like Harris Ranch?

I wish PPRM was here.... The man was a wealth of knowledge on promotion of beef.... Jeff I don't know your operation, but our experiance is the less middle men the better you are... The best way for us to make a profit is to do it all ourselves.. From birth to fats... If you can. Most plants will give you the info you need if you let them know you want it... That's just MHO... And everyone has there nich....

Check out Premium Natural Beef out of Oklahoma. The product tastes amazing, but probably the best thing is the premiums that they are putting back in their customers' pockets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_KYJpgXUXo

Their website is www.premiumbeef.com if you are looking for more information.

Jeff, I missed the other thread... Other Programs I am aware of are Oregon Country Bef and Painted Hills in Oregon.

I could talk about lots of things, but first I would rather know what it is you are looking to do? Join a program or start selling your own is two questions.

This spring I keep getting calls about Distributors who want 20 head per week. That is way beyond where I am. But the demand for knowing where your food came from is strong on the Left coast.

The bigest soapbox item I have is it still doesn't tell you the texture or flavor are worth squat

So, what is it you are wanting to do????

It has been an unusually warm and open winter..Worries about lack of water...

Our Direct Market Beef is going well. I am butchering about 6 head per month. Still selling equpment...And Hijacking threads, LOL

Jeff,there's also Aubrey's Natural Meats,LLC,in Kentucky.Reading her marketing book right now.There use to be a coop right here in our neck of the woods,quite a few people i knew where part of it,High Sierra Beef Cooperative.It was a GrassFed Beef Coop,with ranchers from Sierra county down to Chico,but i think they ran into management glitches and and the way some folks wanted to feed different feed stuffs over winter,so it desolved unfortunatlly.At least the Plumas/Sierra side did,think they still have the Chico outfit running.

[PDF]

Success Story (High Sierra Beef).indd
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
a business cooperative to market their locally raised beef. High Sierra Beef, Inc. was created after the year-. ABOVE: High Sierra RC&D Coor- ...
ftp://ftp-fc.sc.egov.usda.gov/CA/news/Stories/area.../high_sierra_beef.pdf

Here's one more
Sponsored Links

High Sierra Luggage Sale
High Sierra Fall Sale Up To 70% Off
Low Price Guarantee & Free Shipping
LuggageGuru.com/HighSierra-70%

High Sierra - Sale
Extra 20% Off All High Sierra.
Ends 03/12! Plus, Free Shipping.
eBags.com/High_SierraGoogle Checkout

See your ad here »

Search Results
[PDF]

High Sierra Beef Project Update
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
More than 40 ranchers from throughout the High Sierra Beef (HSB) project area gathered ... ranch beef cooperative in Colorado that purchased cull cows from ...
ceplacer.ucdavis.edu/files/10370.pdf

so if you had a load of straight herefords an you could go to kill with them and you could get them close to the 1000 mark at around 1st september at 16moa off grass and they never had an ounce of grain - what would you be doing with them.

lol

i guess i meant specifics - i can and have sent them to a feedlot close to a CHB killplant. i was curious to know more about the grass fed avenues - i don't have the first clue about those deals - would these fit in anywhere and make sense. someone let me know - does anyone finish a grass fed steer on grass under 20 moa on a dryland ranch. i've never had them past the 16 months but just going by my bred heifers in the fall they put on a nice cover by mid November. i'd like to see an outfit that does this...

does anyone on here own a meat business on LEFT coast looking to specialize in hereford beef either grass fed or finished on grain and all natural except for the worming deal done as calves in the fall. if we had any kind of population around here and i had a dime to invest i would venture on a meat shop. i've been peddling about 10 beef/year and it would be something if a guy could do the same with the whole crop.

I guess my post got hijacked. My point was about Harris Ranch having a whole lot of products that they market. Not only do they feed cattle, and slaughter them, they have a big brand name presence in this area. I was just curious about the that fact. I just wanted to know if any other feeders have the same type of program? I have heard Harris has pretty strict rules for their cooperators that supply them cattle. I was hoping someone might chime in that end of it too..

Just a wondering

Jeff :D

Sure!!!! come next friday to the Winner salebarn and their will be H diamond branded beef for sale!!!

Yes I know I'm being a smart bottom..... Must be the weather... So I must ask everyone to pardon my behavior... :oops: :oops:

jeff in ca said:
I guess my post got hijacked. My point was about Harris Ranch having a whole lot of products that they market. Not only do they feed cattle, and slaughter them, they have a big brand name presence in this area. I was just curious about the that fact. I just wanted to know if any other feeders have the same type of program? I have heard Harris has pretty strict rules for their cooperators that supply them cattle. I was hoping someone might chime in that end of it too..

Just a wondering

Jeff :D

sorry - its hard not to read these threads and have it bring something to mind that is not on topic.

Latest posts