• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Another day, another dollar

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Here is our day in review.

Pullingmorebulls.jpg

Pulling more bulls
Bullsonthemove.jpg

Bulls on the move
SBLake.jpg

From the top of a high hill, SB Lake to the southeast
HomeSweetHomefromthehill.jpg

Home Sweet Home straight south
Dadsbuildings.jpg

Looking southwest, Dad's buildings in distance, Goose Lake over the top of the small pond
WilsonLake.jpg

Wilson Lake to the west
LookingnorthwestMartinSDinthedistan.jpg

Looking northwest, Martin, SD about eighteen miles away in the distance
Justlotsofhillstothenortheast.jpg

Just lots of hills and soapweeds looking northeast
SaddletrampWilsonLakeinthebackgroun.jpg

Saddletramp on Kadoka, Wilson Lake in background
SoapweedonConagher.jpg

Soapweed on Conagher, good distance horse
Stillhayingswamps.jpg

Still haying swamps in our spare time
Theendofanotherday.jpg

The end of another day

Soapweed-thanks so much for taking the time to take and post pictures of the day and also your Alaska vacation-just awesome scenery. Really enjoy your posts!

soapweed,if I did'nt know better I would swear you were a photographer,all these pictures are nice but the wind mill picture would make anyones "pc" a nice back ground..................thanks for posting & good luck

Hey Soap, is that the same pasture we doctored in? Another great bunch of pic's and I got to agree with haymaker that is a cool windmill pic!

Soapweed, you should enter some of your pictures in the Tri-State's photo contest. Not big money, but more people could enjoy your photos.

Is there anyway to get that Windmill picture on as a background? I love pictures of windmills.

When we first moved here, my husband wanted a windmill. He told a crusty old rancher he was looking for a windmill. "Do you know anything about windmills?" the old fella asked.

"No", said my husband.

To which the old fella replied:

"You don't want one."

Great pics-where are the trees though-kiddin-pics made me want to go out in the rain and do somethin'.Later ,keep sendin'

soapweed----mighty fine looking piece of equine equipment you got there!! i got a find looking jack russell terrier i'd be glad to trade ya for!!!! :wink: :wink: Ooooops....16 year old daughter just caught me trying to trade her dog off :shock:
BEAUTIFUL sunset!!!

reader (the Second) said:
Your pictures are making me sad I didn't stay in ranch country where I grew up and sad that I'm too old and tired to start this kind of life at 55!

Seeing you and Saddletramp on your horses also brings back fond memories of my dad on his horse when I was little. He died when I was 8 but he loved his horse better than anything.

Beautiful. That second or third picture with the lake and your homestead in the distance is breathtaking. I'm definitely coming through your area when I start seeing the U.S.

Where in ranch country did you grow up? Ranching can be a hard life, and to outsiders it looks "lonely". To be truthful, I am most lonely when I'm stranded in some big city with people all around.

Guess what makes the world an interesting place to live, is that everyone marches to a different drummer. Variety is the spice of life. Different strokes for different folks.

Interesting. I went through basic training and AIT at Fort Ord in the summer of 1972. Did quite a bit of touring of California on the week-ends, but didn't happen to get up to that area. Do you know the Cleek family? They are California transplants from near of where you speak, that bought a nice Sandhills ranch north of Cody, Nebraska. Hank Cleek is the dad, and his son, Kurt, is about my age. Kurt was at our branding a year ago, and his horse had a little fit. Kurt ended up on the ground. I couldn't resist chiding him, "Looks like you are up a Cleek without a saddle." He took it fairly well.

Latest posts