• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Another day at the Office..pics

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jassy

Reaction score
This morning at a balmy 8 degrees down at the river correls, we started Bangs Vaccinating the replacement heifers...It did warm up to 22 by mid afternoon...whew heat wave! I didn't get any pictures working the heifers cause as fast as the vet was going I had to keep up on the computer work...

SS850009.jpg

all ready to go...

SS850015.jpg

pretty day...pretty darn COLD!

SS850013.jpg

the chute and alleyway

SS850022.jpg

Jazzy takin em out the gate...

SS850045.jpg

Finally something to eat!

SS850055.jpg

Late afternoon visitors..

Great looking calves. Your working facility looks well thought out and that Jazzy if you ever want to share her send her my way. If my Josie was half the dog Jazzy is I would be really happy. Thanks for sharing your day. 8)

Which is slower at 8 degrees, that hydraulic chute , or the computer operator ? :) Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Great looking cattle and nice facility's. You can't buy a better squeeze chute than a silencer.

That's funny you call it your office. When I'm out feeding with my son in sub zero weather I like to mention to him how bad it would stink to be siting in some office. Best part is he agrees.

you call working in 8 degee then warming up to 22 cold ha ha ha
last moth it was -20 had to black leg and ivomec the neighbors herd
lots of trouble with needles freezing when we started, we used to set the syring (sp?) on a grate over a box with heater in it and no problems but this time had to keep box covered and syring in the box it was one persons job to stand there filling syring with vaccines then back in the hotbox, loads of fun :wink:

Eight is cold enough for me. Nice pics, heifers looks good. Pic of turkeys is nice. Looks like there will be some left for next year.

I was doing pretty good this morning until I started looking at the BEAUTIFUL snow cold pictures...
Had to go put more wood on the fire.

We are in a warming trend..should be back up in the 50's this week :)

With the sun shinin that way it don't look so cold.......but I"m sure it is. LOL Where's the picture of you snuggled up in your coveralls in the truck doin your computer work????

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
With the sun shinin that way it don't look so cold.......but I"m sure it is. LOL Where's the picture of you snuggled up in your coveralls in the truck doin your computer work????

Well since I had the camera...no pictures of me...and yur right..I was all bundled up...sittin in the truck out of the breeze...lol

Hate to dissappoint ya NedJr. but that's not a silencer chute..it's one from Parasal Manufacturing here in town...it's portable and has seen lot's of cattle, works great.

Thanks Stretch for the compliment on my Jazzy...she sure is turning out to be one heck of a dog...

Jassy said:
the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:

Well since I had the camera...no pictures of me...and yur right..I was all bundled up...sittin in the truck out of the breeze...lol

Hate to dissappoint ya NedJr. but that's not a silencer chute..it's one from Parasal Manufacturing here in town...it's portable and has seen lot's of cattle, works great.

Thanks Stretch for the compliment on my Jazzy...she sure is turning out to be one heck of a dog...

That is a very nice location you have to work livestock Jassy. I could sure stand that here. We seem to be out in the wind no matter where we are set up. Great pictures of the your day. We got that job done a couple weeks ago also. With mileage it came out to an even 3 dollars/calf to get them bangs vacc.

We have a dozen or so metal bunks for our calves that Parasal made. It is good stuff.

Latest posts