• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Another Learning Experience--

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mustang

Reaction score
Tire pressure sensors can be expensive. (TPS) The man at Discount Tire said depending on which type my 2008 Dodge had, the cost to
replace it would be from $10.00 to $50.00. I lucked out,, $10.00. The cause of the problem was that I put a metal valve cap on the TPS valve stem. Metal on what looks like aluminum corrodes. I couldn't get it off with my fingers, so I used pliers and twisted a 1/4 inch of threads off the end of the stem, leaving the little wire sticking out. When I put the cap on to protect the little wire thingie, air started leaking out of the stem. The moral of the story,,,, DON'T EVER USE METAL CAPS ON TPS VALVE STEMS. "Your Welcome."

My wife has them on her SUV... Stinking things always, as in consistently, register low tire pressures on basically every tire no matter whether you've just checked them or not. So the dash light's always on, even if she's just left the tire dealer. Hurray for technology!

Hayguy said:
make sure to check the spare tire as well

If its a factory spare it wont have a monitor in it, so it the spare is mounted you'll get a tire pressure fault.

Latest posts