• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Another Novel with Mad Cow theme

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Book Release: Mad Cow and Cattle Mutilations Meet the War on Terror in Brad Steel's New Book Mute

In MUTE, author Brad Steel has created a gripping and eerily believable scenario in which the leaders of Western nations band together to do the unthinkable—convinced it is necessary, however radical.

(PRWEB) March 17, 2005 -- Set on Vancouver Island and the farmlands of northeastern Alberta, MUTE weaves together a plethora of highly topical themes—and flings in a very startling twist.

A covert prion-monitoring programme has been in operation for decades, conducting cattle mutilations under cover of night to track prion diseases like Mad Cow. The war on terror has created a "need" for a new kind of biological weapon, one that can be used to target a very specific—though horribly populous—demographic.

Prion diseases, it turns out, are ideally suited. Especially with a few little tweaks...

In MUTE, author Brad Steel has created a gripping and eerily believable scenario in which the leaders of Western nations band together to do the unthinkable—convinced it is necessary, however radical.

Through characters like the charming and unstoppable Dr. Kat Francis and her lifelong Muslim friend Zaina Marikar, Steel compassionately delves into the linkages that bring us to love one another—and the differences that drive us to hate people we will never meet.

The author has extensively researched the many facets of MUTE's content, from BSE and other prion diseases to little-known intricacies of veterinary medicine, even interviewing real-life cattle mutilation investigators and observing. First-hand autopsies being performed by pathologists.

This is Brad Steel's inaugural launch into the literary world—where he will continue to combine in upcoming books timely topics with fascinating and plausible scenarios. An excerpt from CRUDE, his novel slated for publication in the fall of 2005, is included at the end of the book.

MUTE is set for launch in Edmonton, February 2005. Brad Steel will be available for interviews during January, or at his Edmonton launch prior to an extensive Canadian tour.

###

OT,
this is exactly why we need to put this BSE thing into perspective. The more times that the public sees and hears this stuff, the more they are going to be in a panic, the more of them will eat chicken. I can hear my mother in law now. Next thing you know there will be a TV show doing the same fear mongering. When BSE shows up in this state, and you know it will, we are going up the proverbial creek with books like that and the media as it is. Thanks for the post :x

I'm assuming this guy is Canadian. I wonder if he realizes how much damage he can actually do with this book?

Latest posts