• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Another perspective.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Maple Leaf Angus

Reaction score
. . . and not a good outlook. Talk about another nail in the coffin lid. We are walking on thin ice if we are beef exporters.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,17904644%255E643,00.html

Big Muddy rancher said:
Wonder if The aussies are BSE free because they don't test?

That was the USDA strategy. Do they import breeding stock untested?

It is important that our "science" gets the transmission mechanisms down correctly. Sweeping under the rug isn't working and taking off your dirty shoes at the door hasn't either. I know that my wife makes me show her the bottom of my shoes sometimes, especially just after she has cleaned the floors.

Econ101 said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

It is important that our "science" gets the transmission mechanisms down correctly. Sweeping under the rug isn't working and taking off your dirty shoes at the door hasn't either. I know that my wife makes me show her the bottom of my shoes sometimes, especially just after she has cleaned the floors.

You must be wondering if they are importing breeding stock period. No way to test live animals for BSE unless you us a yet to be invented urine test.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Econ101 said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

You must be wondering if they are importing breeding stock period. No way to test live animals for BSE unless you us a yet to be invented urine test.

Yes, I thought most imported animals had quarentine times and the such. BSE is such a long term deal that it may be hard to find in breeding stock. Importing from a BSE country should be a no no from the get go.

Importing from a BSE country should be a no no from the get go.

Unless every country is grown up enough to admit that they have BSE; which all do.

BMR is right on the money with the Aussie's, just as America only tests the ones they need to to keep the prevailence level low. BSE has and does occur everwhere. It kills no one. And cannot be spread from cow to cow, unless you consider the metal contmination that may spread to the next animal.

It causes no risk, and could be controlled if those who control IT were to follow a path of truth rather than one of monetary profit.

In the mean time. ----- Test if a customer wants it tested.

Latest posts