• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Another pile of pictures, taken today, July 19, 2005

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
These photographs were all taken today, July 19, 2005
MorningGloriesandSunflowers.jpg

Morning Glories and Sunflowers
PauseforRefreshment.jpg

Pause for Refreshment
GoingThrough.jpg

Going Through
Somebodysgottoshutthegate.jpg

Someone has to shut the gate
Yellowstonecheckingthingsout.jpg

Yellowstone checking things out
BigStoutToughHorse.jpg

Big Stout Tough Horse
CattleCravingCool.jpg

Cattle Craving Cool
SBLake.jpg

SB Lake in the background
ChangingpasturesRoundLakeintheback.jpg

Changing pastures, Round Lake in the background
Handyfellertohavearound.jpg

Handy feller to have around
Themudpuddleisnolongerthere.jpg

The mud puddle is no longer there
Bellyduptothebar.jpg

Belly'd up to the bar
SaddleroomSoliloquy.jpg

Saddleroom Soliloquy
QuittakingpicturesDad.jpg

Quit taking pictures, Dad.
CowCountryKid.jpg

Cow Country Kid
WindingWindrows.jpg

Winding Windrows
PrettyCloud.jpg

Pretty Cloud

Love the pics soapweed...can I come live with you for a couple weeks so I can take pictures??? (joking) Your pictures are all so neat. Alot of different views and things in them. I'm forever snappin pictures but have wondered if they are starting to look the same. Sometimes I feel like I'm covering ground that I've already covered. But I keep on snappin away, on the off chance that I run across somethin perdy, or interestin.
I've added a few to my website if ya wanna take a look. Some new one's in both albums

http://spaces.msn.com/members/thejerseylilly2000/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaHandler=TWljcm9zb2Z0LlNwYWNlcy5XZWIuUGFydHMuUGhvdG9BbGJ1bS5FZGl0TW9kZUNvbnRyb2xsZXI%24&_c11_PhotoAlbum_albumid=cns!1pypq10s9TextoAwaE1spgLw!148&_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaReturnToFull=0&_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaProcess=1&_c=PhotoAlbum&_c02_owner=1

Goodness what a link!!!

Yer gettin' down right handy with that thing, keep 'em coming.
PS... who sez you can't teach and old dog new tricks? :wink:

Nice pictures, lilly. Our old slow dial-up doesn't seem to cooperate in downloading your enlarged pictures, but they look good in the small size. Ranching in different areas has a lot in common, and yet is not much alike in other ways. One thing about taking care of cows, there is a lot of variety to each day's activities.

Keep taking pictures. They are interesting.

didn't realize the uploading was so slow..I'm workin on photobucket right now. It's takin a lil bit to upload them beings that I'm dial up also. So I feel your pain. but hopefully I can get a few attached to this message..gonna give it a whirl.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b303/thejerseylilly2000/piccd056.jpg[/IMG
[img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b303/thejerseylilly2000/d6996504.jpg
90780626.jpg

piccd033.jpg

piccd017.jpg

IMG]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b303/thejerseylilly2000/d0cc0c35.jpg[/IMG]
BrandinBull2.jpg

BillnDavid.jpg

BillnTravis.jpg

d0cc0c35.jpg

piccd056.jpg

sitting here after posting my pictures and my daughter was lookin at yours soapweed. Kids shirt is accurate. "back to the future"? in yer post ya put that the pics were all taken July 19, 2995 hehehehe

excellent pix, soapweed and lilly!!!! Gonna have to get me some "updated" computer components so I may post a few....had some taken of the new pups on a disposable 35 mm camera and the two littlest ones lost the camera..probably in the sandbox :shock:
anyway....sure was glad the 16 year old daughter was not awake and looking over my shoulder when i was looking at these pictures as i am sure she would have been simply slobbering all over herself over those good looking boys!! :wink: :wink:

Really good pictures, lilly. Love the one of the cabin in the mountains. Is that in Texas?

On my personal photobuckets web-page, when I hit "browse" to look through my photos, there are different boxes to click on for whichever size is wanted. One of the options is "best for web", and it sure downloads faster. The finished size is the one that comes up when I post them on Ranchers.Net.

P.S. Thanks for pointing out my "back to the future mistake". That shirt was prophetic because I sure did put in July 19, 2995. Did edit and correct it this morning.

GOTTA LOVE THOSE PICTURES!!

I'll bet that cabin in the mountains is not in Texas...

And Soapweed, is your Yellowstone horse taught to ground tie? Appears so in the picture. I have only been around a couple of horses that could be ground-tied. It is a pretty handy thing, but is just about a 'lost art.'

The last 6 pictures on Soapweeds post didn't download for me, and the last 5 on jersy lily's didn't. There is a small box with a red x in it. What happened?

Faster horses said:
GOTTA LOVE THOSE PICTURES!!

I'll bet that cabin in the mountains is not in Texas...

And Soapweed, is your Yellowstone horse taught to ground tie? Appears so in the picture. I have only been around a couple of horses that could be ground-tied. It is a pretty handy thing, but is just about a 'lost art.'

The last 6 pictures on Soapweeds post didn't download for me, and the last 5 on jersy lily's didn't. There is a small box with a red x in it. What happened?

Did you try right clicking on the small red box and then clickinng on "show picture"?
PS.. Teaching a horse to ground tie only takes about 20 minutes of your life if done correctly (on most horses)

Silver, would you share with us how you teach a horse to ground tie?

One horse I knew of, a sorrel mare; you could drive a herd of horses past her and she wouldn't leave. She might move her butt around to be able to see, but her head and the reins never moved. It truly was like she was tied to something.

Faster horses said:
Silver, would you share with us how you teach a horse to ground tie?

One horse I knew of, a sorrel mare; you could drive a herd of horses past her and she wouldn't leave. She might move her butt around to be able to see, but her head and the reins never moved. It truly was like she was tied to something.

Ground tying is one of the first things I now teach when doing groundwork. I start by holding the horse right at the halter snap with my left hand, and hold the halter shank in my right. Slowly raising my hand towards the horses shoulder to move her away. If she doesn't move off, start swinging the end of the shank, if this doesn't get her to move you may have to strike her lightly with it. As she moves away you should be pivoting on your left foot, controlling things with your left hand on the halter snap. The idea is to get the horse to move across at the hips, because this is hard work for them. In no time you will be able to controll the speed of the turn with the positioning of your right hand, it will be like there is a bubble between your hand and the horses shoulder. Once this is working for you, you need to make a definate "release". I pivot away and back on my left foot, say "whoa" or some such, and make a big deal of throwing the halter shank on the ground. At this point the horse should be quite happy to stay right where she is, so walk past her shoulder to her rear, and around behind (this direction seems to work the best, they are less likely to follow you). Walk away and move off, turn your back to the horse. After a couple of minutes you kinda hope they move off (they will eventually), and when you do you catch them right away and repeat the whole performance. Pretty soon they're dang happy to stay right where you put them. It makes the right choice easy and the wrong choice hard.
The exercise is also good for teaching them to lead past you, which is a must for going through gates and loading into trailers.
The whole circiling exercise then becomes the only 'discipline' my horse gets on the ground, so when they get it, they know to start thinking of a different choice of actions that will save them from that dang circling.
I didn't invent this method, but I sure like it.

Good pictures,Lilly & soap,always got time to look at ranch pictures.........good luck PS who knows maybe yall started some thing and more will post pictures :D

TXTibbs said:
I have a question....how do you get the pictures to show up in the message and not just a link to click on. I think someone asked that before but i can't find the answer. If its not to much trouble please let me know.

OK,you have your pics at photo bucket .Left click on the one you want posted here,that should make it independent from the rest,now right click on it ,you will see a menu screen,at the bottom,click on properties,that will get you to the properties screen,find the address(url)and get your cursor on it hold your cursor down as you drag it across the address,it should hi lite make sure you get it all.now on the bottom left corner of your key pad you will see your (ctrl) key while depressing your ctrl key depress the c key you now have your picture click ok in the properties screen get out of there and come over to ranchers,open your post as usual add text or what ever then you see that box at the top of your post that has

Latest posts