• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Another thing on the checkoff.....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sandhusker

Reaction score
First of all. I am FOR the checkoff - just tweak a little common sense into it.

I looked at a copy of the CBB 2004 annual report. In it there is a copy of an ad that they used in Japan. Prominately displayed on that ad is a red, white, and blue United States. I'd like to know why they see value in promoting US product there, but only generic product here?

How can they do that Sandhusker? I have been told that they can only use our checkoff dollars to advertise generic beef.

Tommy said:
How can they do that Sandhusker? I have been told that they can only use our checkoff dollars to advertise generic beef.

I don't know, but anybody can see it for themselves.

Well Sandhusker, maybe MJ can tell us why they can advertise USA beef in Japan with our checkoff dollars but not in the USA.

Same is true with Pork tax. They oppose mCOOL in the US but have no problem using it in foreign countries.

And here I thought that CONSUMERS didn't want to know where their meat was from.

I thought CONSUMERS were dumb and illiterate and uncaring.

I thought PRODUCERS were NOT supposed to be proud of their product.

Oh, never mind, it's just in the USA.

(Sorry I don't have any statistics to back this up. Sometimes the truth doesn't need numbers, just common sense)

Chief: "Sometimes the truth doesn't need numbers, just common sense"

Like the common sense that if consumers wanted country of origin labeling they could buy source verified branded beef products now without another worthless "symbolism over substance" government mandate.

Like the common sense that the expenses of segregating 5% of our U.S. beef consumption as foreign beef would create a novelty item as opposed to a deterrant.

Like the common sense that MOST consumers shop based on price as opposed to Country of Origin as Walmart has proven.

Like the common sense that if you have a government mandate that demands proof of where an animal was "born, raised, and slaughtered", there has to be a means of enforcing that.

Sometimes common sense is not so common.

~SH~

Latest posts