• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Another tradition lost because of a liberal?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
http://wqad.com/2013/12/31/new-nyc-mayor-wants-to-outlaw-horse-drawn-carriages/

With the humane society keeping a diligent watch, I have no qualms that
these horses aren't treated well. And what about the mounted policemen?
They are effective and necessary as far as I can tell--not ever having been to NYC.

Just another instance of control.......

They were talking about this on the radio the other day. They were speculating that a major donor of the major wants the property where the horses are housed to be developed. Its high dollar property in a prime location and this donor is a developer. They actually had evidence that this is probably true and are just using animal rights as an excuse.

And here's something interesting from an anti-carriage brochure circulated in 2008: "Currently, the stables consist of 64,000 square feet of valuable real estate on lots that could accomodate [sic] up to 150,000 square feet of development. These lots could be sold for new development."

I wouldn't expect the media to intervene and actually report much on the issue.. let alone investigate the connections..

It was on FOX last night that the Mayors big donors want the water front property that the stables set on and that is likely the reason for the major push to have the horses ban. Get them out of town and the owners of the stables will be force to sell the property to the Mayors buddies.

I hope the special interests, that the Dems proudly claim they don't work for, don't win over the right for these poor horse people, that the Dems proudly claim they do work for, to make an honest living. But I betting on the Liberal Left Mayor getting his way as the Left bias media is going to dig up any dirt they can to find something to destroy the horse drawn carriage business, put their drivers and stable hands on welfare while their big money buddies get rich developing the water front property. The Rich get Richer and the Poor get put on Welfare, it is the Democrat way to stay in POWER. :mad:

Tam said:
It was on FOX last night that the Mayors big donors want the water front property that the stables set on and that is likely the reason for the major push to have the horses ban. Get them out of town and the owners of the stables will be force to sell the property to the Mayors buddies.

I hope the special interests, that the Dems proudly claim they don't work for, don't win over the right for these poor horse people, that the Dems proudly claim they do work for, to make an honest living. But I betting on the Liberal Left Mayor getting his way as the Left bias media is going to dig up any dirt they can to find something to destroy the horse drawn carriage business, put their drivers and stable hands on welfare while their big money buddies get rich developing the water front property. The Rich get Richer and the Poor get put on Welfare, it is the Democrat way to stay in POWER. :mad:

YUP. Agreed!

Latest posts