• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Antelope

Help Support Ranchers.net:

No chronic wasting disease to worry about.
Way easier to pack out than moose or elk.
Tasty meat
Sounds like a blast ( fun)

I saw this topic and thought it was about Antelope, Oregon 1984, and the first bioterror attack to keep local citizens from voting. Since I was there for a few days, on my way back to Baker, and ate at the Dalles Taco Time after the Rashneeshees poisoned it, I was one of 751 poisoned. The thought of eating antelope reminds me of 3 days of horrible vomiting and severe stomach pains. Totally unrelated, here are some antelope near Antelope, Oregon a few years ago.

Painted Hills trip 2009 (44).JPG

Last edited:
We have CWD in our deer. We sure don't have as many as we used to. What we have right here is Whitetail. Mr. FH calls them jackrabbits. They aren't very big.
We took a trip to SE Montana, saw lots of mule deer. They are much bigger and darker than they are here. The ones that graze the cropped fields are pretty tasty. We have had to eat enough wild game in the past that we really not to eat it now.

I saw this topic and thought it was about Antelope, Oregon 1984, and the first bioterror attack to keep local citizens from voting. Since I was there for a few days, on my way back to Baker, and ate at the Dalles Taco Time after the Rashneeshees poisoned it, I was one of 751 poisoned. The thought of eating antelope reminds me of 3 days of horrible vomiting and severe stomach pains. Totally unrelated, here are some antelope near Antelope, Oregon a few years ago.

View attachment 2275
I had to Google it because I never herd tell of it. Wow thats crazy. Hard to believe. I believe you but its still hard to believe . world sure is a toilet. Blue ball of misery. Thats why I dont want to leave my little farm

We have CWD in our deer. We sure don't have as many as we used to. What we have right here is Whitetail. Mr. FH calls them jackrabbits. They aren't very big.
We took a trip to SE Montana, saw lots of mule deer. They are much bigger and darker than they are here. The ones that graze the cropped fields are pretty tasty. We have had to eat enough wild game in the past that we really not to eat it now.
Antelope only thing up here without CW. So u shoot an elk. Pack it out. Process it. And then 2 years later they finally tell u if it has C W or not.

Latest posts