• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Any Cowboy Golfers out there?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Heifer

Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing Masters Tickets for my husband for Christmas. Has anyone been to Augusta, Georgia, to attend this, or just plain been there? I'm looking for hotel or bed & breakfast suggestions.

Also wondering if there are any Angus breeders around the area.... the curmugeon may as well tour a ranch or two while he's down there. It's April 6-9 that he'd go.

I'd sure appreciate any information you all might have on this topic.

No you start playing golf when yer to old to chase women then you run around a cow pastuer trying to hit a little white ball into a gopher hole.I will never be THAT OLD...

Like I said you nonbelievers you come and golf in my 'Cowpie Invitational'-it's the most fun you'll have with your clothes on-only one club allowed and we play out in the pasture-kids pack beer out on horseback to the thirsty folk. Tradition says you finish a beer a hole and then tee up off your empty can-things got a little formal when we used the vehicles for a backstop in the longest drive competition lol. It's usually a good time and we get the odd impromptu bronc ride-dang golf balls lol.

Northern Rancher said:
Like I said you nonbelievers you come and golf in my 'Cowpie Invitational'-it's the most fun you'll have with your clothes on-only one club allowed and we play out in the pasture-kids pack beer out on horseback to the thirsty folk. Tradition says you finish a beer a hole and then tee up off your empty can-things got a little formal when we used the vehicles for a backstop in the longest drive competition lol. It's usually a good time and we get the odd impromptu bronc ride-dang golf balls lol.

Should be easy to hit a golf ball with a hockey stick! Can I come too?

Northern Rancher said:
You bet you can-you can help lay out the course even lol.

Can we park haymaker on his muley and take pratice shots? First one to get the ball stuck in his hat wins!!

Well, Northern Rancher, let us know when your Cowpie Invitational is, and we'll be there! I'm sure it's a blast (well, except for the person whose the target)!

I'm still looking for info on the Masters, if anyone's been there, or even heard whether it's worth the big chunk of cash needed to buy the tickets.

Good luck on finding somewhere to stay within 100 miles. I recommend you find a hotel and then try and buy some tickets. I am not even sure you can still get tickets for the next 10 years. They may be sold out.
As far as Angus ranches go, there are plenty. Just look in the Angus Journal on the Georgia page. Some very nice operations in East Ga.
I live about 1 and ½ hours south of Atlanta and will be glad to show you around my small operation if you have time.

Go on digsville.com it's a site where people trade houses for holidays but there are people there who just rent theirs out also. I'm assuming I'm going too to keep Curmudgeon out of the 'rough' lol.

Thanks Alabama - that's kind of you to show us around. Maybe it'll be the curmugeon & Northern Rancher! Thanks for the tips on the hotels. I'll check into it. Hey NR, if you've got the cash for the ticket, I'm sure the Curmugeon would enjoy your company. That way, I can stay home & set up the heifers for synchronization!!!! :eek:

Latest posts