• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Any experiences using American made tractors imported from E

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Amo

Reaction score
Have a friend looking for a ranch loader/chore tractor. Like any of us, best bang for the buck. Looked at some used lower houred 77-7810 JD's. His pick if going new is say a 6150M. He doesn't want all the electronic gadgets that the R series has, and wants to stay away from the D series.

Anybody have wisdom or knowledge on these machines? Also any info on Legend loaders or JB tractors in Brandon Minnesota would be greatly appriecated!

I would check were the tractor was actually manufactored by looking at the serial number plates on the motor and major components. I know several local farmers had a harder time getting parts for canadian and europian spec JD's then the same model in the US. disclaimer these tractors were made in the late 70's and early 80's. I think the biggest concern is not where the tractor was made for but what countries it was spec for.

Ya, I hear ya. I started this thread for a friend. He was on the 10 hour drive home and couldn't do it for himself. So I don't know all of what he does. Just going off what I remember what he said.

I would think he would know serial number info. The current 7710 is a European import. They knew of this place the last time they traded, but didn't feel comfortable going this route. So they bought one out of Texas I think. Wound up, being a import anyway.

He says they are made in Waterlou or Debique....I cant remember. They do have different specs for going over seas. For instance most of the 77-78 series JD's in the states don't have a shuttle shift/left hand reverse. Guess that was standard equipment for export. Kinda dumb IMHO to not of put that on all of the tractors! Could very well be other other differences. I do think your right, back in the 40-50 series parts could be an issue. I remember talking to Grossenburgs up in Winner S.D. about this about 10 years ago. Barry said that when the exchange rate was right, it made for some very good buys.

Latest posts