• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Anybody familiar with New Holland Balers - esp. BR 780

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hanta Yo

Reaction score
We have a New Holland BR 780 baler. It is only 2 yrs old. Been having lots of probs with it. Anyone out there who has any helpful advice on the darn thing (I'm asking cuz my spouse will not) please send me a pm. Maybe we can get some dialog going to rectify our problem!!

PS, us ladypeople have no probs asking for help :roll: 8) 8) :roll:

I have never owned or sed a New Holland baler, but the NH seems to be the baler of choice in my neighborhood. The hay is heavy this year, making the windrows extra wide. Hay in to wide windrows often catch and the ends of the baler, then bales are not properly formed. Maybe that could be your trouble. Hay saver wheels may help. Some also had trouble with tumble mustard in their alfalfa fields, this caused large or un-even windrows.

We run NH balers.....post your problems and I'm sure the board will have some ideas..... everybody loves to either brag or cuss on different colours of iron :wink: :twisted:

If you're thinking of trading it off I'd like to reccomend a John Deere 567 with Mega-wide and maybe get the net-wrap option as well (we're wrapping what we intend to grind). If you can drive the tractor over the windrow it'll durn sure swallow it, almost never, never, never plugs. Amazing machine that'll still have a good residual value years from now.

Not much help here My spouse says he drove by one once...maybe drooled on one.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts