• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

anybody try this

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Bought one this summer. It locks on really well, but seems big for tight spots (since not every engineer designs grease nipples for accessibility). I removed it from my "field" grease gun and reinstalled it on my "stay at home" air grease gun. Good idea and if things are reasonably accessible it definitely gives an advantage.

Are we looking at the same thing?

IMG_3523_800x.jpg

Big Muddy rancher said:
Don't waste your money. Buy a Hayes chain tightener or even a Golden Rod jack type and fix it right.
looks like it puts in half a @$$ hole, you know where somebody twist a loop around a hammer head. Call the loop and person whom tightens wire that way the same name...

jodywy said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Don't waste your money. Buy a Hayes chain tightener or even a Golden Rod jack type and fix it right.
looks like it puts in half a @$$ hole, you know where somebody twist a loop around a hammer head. Call the loop and person whom tightens wire that way the same name...

We have the same name for that trick Jody.
I can't imagine wasting a dollar on item, just stretch the dang thing and do it right.

Fixing fence with that tool isn't fixing fence. Its putting a bandaid on it that will last about 5 minutes. Just re stretch the wire and be done with it. It amazes me the lengths folks will go to, to do a crappy job on a project. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing RIGHT.

leanin' H said:
Fixing fence with that tool isn't fixing fence. Its putting a bandaid on it that will last about 5 minutes. Just re stretch the wire and be done with it. It amazes me the lengths folks will go to, to do a crappy job on a project. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing RIGHT.

Very well said, leanin' H. :clap: :cboy:

leanin' H said:
do it right or do it twice... :dunce:

Good job, guys. Now we know what you REALLY think.........better than waltzing around with trying to find 'nice' words to say the same thing when simple words do it best!

Fences don't get fixed often enough around here according to the 'senior partner', but are fixed right when they get to it!

mrj

Phone number (to the company) traces all the way back to New Hampshire.

Never been there myself, and I'm sure it's a nice place with great people an all, but my gut-instincts tell me there probably is'nt much fence-fixing that goes on in that part of the world...

...leave it to those (who are'nt knee-deep involved in something 24/7-365) to insert themselves into the equation 'uninvited' and attempt to re-invent the wheel...to make things 'easier' for those who ARE involved in it, 24/7-365.

Latest posts