• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

anyone have a poem of hope?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

ksvdberg

Reaction score
:cry: This may be a stupid idea but my sister is asking for prayers for her brother in law and I was hoping one of you beautiful poets would have some hopefull words for me to share with them.
I can give some history Vinnce is a awsome young man in his early twentys. He has been waiting to die all of his life. He has Cystic Fibrosis. He had what we thought was a miricle last year in the form of a lung transplant. Everything as far as I knew was a sucess. I saw him run for the first time. Until now I hear he is on full life support with a collapsed lung. They believe this is his first stage of rejection. Sara ( my sister) and her husband Mat (vinnie's brother) are standing at his beside waiting for the doctors to come up with another miracle and are asking for thoughts and prayers. Maybe someone here has a poem that would help them through this tough time. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. If you would like more information about vinnie you can see his website,
http://www.breathelife.ca/

Definately will keep this young man in my prayers.

Hope
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all,

And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.

Emily Dickinson

ksvdberg---your posting absolutely gave me chills!!! My daughters uncle, Brian (my former brother in law and a man who continues to be a close friend) also has CF.....he was not supposed to live past the age of 12!! He is now 31 years old, but his time is running out! He is currently on a ventilator in the ICU in the hospital in Missoula, Montana. All his life, he knew he was on borrowed time and never, ever took life for granted. He used every minute God gave him to show folks how precious time and life truly are! My daughter got the call from her father last night that Brian's condition is "grave" and the docs say he "will not be going home this time"! A song came to my mind that you should listen to....came out a few years back....titled "Angels in Waiting" (sorry...cannot remember the attractive blonde lady who sang it).....the singer's 2 brothers had CF and the song is dedicated to them and to their struggles through life and how they are now her "angels in waiting"!!! Know that Vince and all his loved ones are in my prayers!!!

We don't know how long the road is;
We just walk it to the end.
We keep on walking expectantly, heads up, walking in hope.
We do not sit down in protest because our feet are sore;
We do not get sidetracked by
better-traveled roads;
We do not look back.

We are on the right road
and so we walk it
with joyful anticipation
and quiet confidence
and stedfast assurance.
We walk this road in hope,
And we will walk it to the end.

Latest posts