• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Anyone have any tips for getting a dog to eat

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cowwrangler

Reaction score
my dog has a bad infection,betwwen the meds and not feeling good he has no appitite,he eats a lil but not much,been feeding him pedilite mixed with his water

Boiled hamburger mixed with cooked plain white rice is the usual thing for dogs with digestive issues. But if it's an appetite thing, he may like canned dog food.

First make sure his lost appetite is not because the meds aren't working. Has he been on them long? If it's more than a day or two, and he's not feeling better yet, I'd call your vet.

The pedialite is a good thing though. You don't want him dehydrated. You test a dog for dehydration exactly like you test a scouring baby calf.

Maybe I didn't interpret the title right. You asked, "Anyone have any tips for getting a dog to eat." My thought was, the younger, fatter, and more tender looking, the better. :wink:

Soapweed said:
Maybe I didn't interpret the title right. You asked, "Anyone have any tips for getting a dog to eat." My thought was, the younger, fatter, and more tender looking, the better. :wink:

some like to feed corn for 30 days prior. :wink:

Latest posts