• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Anyone still around here

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I used to post here some but I couldn't take the format. It spread out so wide I had to scroll back and forth. Also since it's a more western and Canadian bunch on here it's not quite the same as where I'm rising stock and farming. I did always really like seeing how things are done out there.
I've gotten where I only checked ct every few days and I used to be on it several times a day if I had a chance. I'm really sick of it now.

Welcome back, m5farm. It's really been dull around here lately. I thought there were only 4 or 5 of us who posted fairly regularly of late. Like BMR, I hope others come back.
Bring 'em over here, but leave OT there... :D

And I can see your photo just fine. Hopefully others can too.

Faster horses said:
Welcome back, m5farm. It's really been dull around here lately. I thought there were only 4 or 5 of us who posted fairly regularly of late. Like BMR, I hope others come back.
Bring 'em over here, but leave OT there... :D

And I can see your photo just fine. Hopefully others can too.
Ot was never out of line on ct it was like jekle and hide. I would read his bs here and over there he was the nicest guy . I don't get why people have to put up a facade

Hey folks. I hitch hiked to get here. Took a while. M5 put me on to the "classic" button and landmarks started looking normal.

I didn't realize FasterHorses had exterminated. No more OT?

backhoeboogie said:
Hey folks. I hitch hiked to get here. Took a while. M5 put me on to the "classic" button and landmarks started looking normal.

I didn't realize FasterHorses had exterminated. No more OT?

Hey BHB, I think Ot nearly burnt up this summer the fires were close . I hate that if its the case

Welcome to all, old members and new. Glad to have you.

I don't think the fires were too close to OT, but I know it is very dry there. They've had a lot of really good years, so
this one was hard to take. They are worried about water more than anything, I have heard. We used to go there for hay
when it was dry, but this year they are looking for hay. Wouldn't wish a drought on anyone, or fires either.

I went back to CT to check. Nothing worth noting. TB calling for a boycott of Everything Else board and the Coffee Shop. Is he trying to bait us in out of rebellion? Lol

backhoeboogie said:
I went back to CT to check. Nothing worth noting. TB calling for a boycott of Everything Else board and the Coffee Shop. Is he trying to bait us in out of rebellion? Lol
I figured as much ,the Texas loon I hear has lost it and thinks I was in her house.

Faster horses said:
Is Texas Bred a woman? I assume that is who you are talking about.

No TB is actually a nice guy and very knowledgeable and used to get On cowgirl8 ass too but for some reason he has been her defender last while and Jumps on BHB without provocation more that he should .

No, Texas Bred is a guy. Pretty good guy at that. There is a woman over there that has driven half of us up the wall telling us how great she is.

What Pisses me off is people complain about the antics of a few but are too chicken **** to call them on it . the ones that do then get accused of ganging or pack mentality , Its BS

TexasBred is a member here. Uses that name here. He don't like me. His banter has gone on for years. It ain't no big thing.

If I want him to say the light is red, I just say it's green.

backhoeboogie said:
TexasBred is a member here. Uses that name here. He don't like me. His banter has gone on for years. It ain't no big thing.

I wasn't real sure if it was real or a act.

There are a few over there that don't like me but I don't care. I much prefer that to folks that act like they do and then talk behind your back

m5farm said:
backhoeboogie said:

I wasn't real sure if it was real or a act.

There are a few over there that don't like me but I don't care. I much prefer that to folks that act like they do and then talk behind your back

At work my bunch all sits together at lunch. There's tables we avoid. Others come and sit and that's okay too. We have a bond. A trust. A comfort zone. We cut up and it's all good. No one means to harm anyone when they're being funny.

There's people in the forums I wouldn't want to sit with. Yet there are others I'd love to share a cup of coffee with.

I pity CG8. Poor gal just ain't got a life. She's stretching for value. I read that tire thread. Her story kept changing. She doesn't remember lies she's told two pages back. I have no idea why TB defends her. Then there are those who encourage her. It's all a very sad situation.

Ron then starts talking CONTROL. I never saw any of us controlling anything. Or wanting to. I just kept seeing good conversation disrupted. Threads locked. Threads disappear completely. People offended.

There are people I do care about. Value their opinions. I've met some in person. Other times I see two good people disagreeing. They need to work it out. They don't need the whole dang forum involved.

I brought up Jerry Springer's show. Now it seems everyone is using that analogy. Lol

I agree , I think most forget that everything that is typed is preserved forever or as long as there is an internet. I've said some things I prolly shouldn't have but at the end of the day I am not going to let a forum or facebook dictate my life. I have been using forums since I got a desktop in the 90's. I enjoy them and the interaction is far better than another kind of social media. I Also don't get why so many people have to judge a person by what they have or don't have. Like for instance here. I had someone say that Ranchers was mainly for people with Large ranches while the term may apply if you manage 10 head or 10k head the basic principles apply . "grass in front , Bull Behind" the Ag community should support The Hobby guy that just wants to say he has cows or the Part time guy that says I can only manage 50 head and work a day job .

I have been accused of being arguementitive more on ct than any other time in my life. Truth is I'm pretty easy to get along with. I won't be pushed around very long and I will speak my mind but the only person on that board that I wouldn't go out of my way to help is the guy that openly blew up on a few ladies and made it vulgar and personal and it was unprovoked each time. I just can't get along with trash like that and prior to that I had given him a lot of advice. Now I wish I hadn't of helped him. I went back the last time I heard he got banned but now he's back to posting at least five times per thread so it's time to leave. Honestly, the parts I enjoy most is helping people that are trying to improve their herd and talking to other real cowmen(not gender specific) and it seems like it's turned into a backyard cow forum so both types are rare.

M5 I agree. I respect a lot of small operators that are passionate more than I do mid to large operators that quit trying years ago. It's fun to help people with five or ten head that are excited about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts