• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Apple Mash for feed available in S.W. Washington

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Marianne Bull

Reaction score
Hello - This posting is about MASH

I am a representative of Lattins Country Cider Mill in Olympia, WA and also the Steilacoom Museum in Steilacoom WA.
I have two reasons for contacting you all. One is that the museum has an event called the Apple Squeeze on Sunday, October 2 and we generate about 16,000 lbs of apple mash which previously has been taken by the Cider Mill where we get our apples. They just lost their livestock rancher who took their mash and thus ours too. So I'm looking for a rancher close enough to Olympia to make this all work who is interested in picking up the Cider Mill mash for feed.
The Cider Mill generates about 4,000 lbs of mash a week and doubles that amount in the fall. They have in the past sold it for one cent a pound.
If anyone out there is interested in more information or knows of any other vehicle for information, please get in touch. My name is Marianne Bull ( no pun intended, it's my real name!) and my email is [email protected].

Well I'm a little far away to help with the surplus mash problem but it would be nice to try out that cider and I just moved your post back up.

Welcome to ranchers where we can't solve everyones problems but we have fun trying. :D

I'm also too far away to take advantage but urge those close enough to look into it. lots of cattle around here have been fed by-products of liquor business's from malt dust to soup from the distillery

Have you thought of using craiglist to place a free ad? I am including the link for your area below:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/

Good luck,
sweetbasil

Marianne Bull said:
Thanks for replying. I believe the Lattins have a listing on Craigslist now. Do you think I should be on a different category than the Coffee Shop one, such as the Ranch Talk topic??

The Ranch Talk seems to be a more appropriate forum for placing your announcement; check with the moderator to find out if he/she can help you move your post to that forum, or just create another post there too.

Latest posts