• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

April 18-24, 2011

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Thiscalfseemstomisunderstand.jpg

This calf seems to misunderstand
Theproperusuageofthewordbunk.jpg

That there are two usages to the term "bunk."
Hopehesgettingoutontherightside.jpg

Hope he is getting out on the right side of the bunk so he will be in a good mood today.
Bullsusinganotherbunk.jpg

Bulls using another bunk
Atleasttheyarenottryingtosleepinthisbunk.jpg

At least they are not trying to sleep in this one.
Livinghighonthehog.jpg

Living high on the hog, and enjoying a Christmas gift certificate to Red Lobster.
Sunflower.jpg

Sunflower
Andherparents.jpg

And her parents
Along-timefriendshowingPeachacalendar.jpg

A long-time friend showing Peach a calendar which has pictures of his polished rock jewelry.
Hisverynicewife.jpg

His very nice wife
Kutelittlecowboykidatacafe.jpg

Cute little cowboy kid at a cafe
Atthehorsesale.jpg

At the horse sale
Takenwithaflash.jpg

Taken with a flash. I didn't know the camera was set for the flash to go off, so I got caught. The horse was so ugly
that it kind of stood out. I took the photos because the horse reminded me of the cartoon horses I used to draw.
When the flash went off, the auctioneer said, "This horse is so pretty people are taking pictures of him. He won't
make the front cover of any publication, but he might make the back." :wink:
Takinglifeeasy.jpg

Kosmo Kid taking life easy
Stickingoutlikeasorethumb.jpg

Sticking out like a sore thumb
Gatheredupforgoodies.jpg

Gathered for goodies
Sorethumbupclose.jpg

Sore thumb up close
KosmoKidshowingoffhisnewchickens.jpg

Kosmo Kid showing off his new chickens
Dontaskmewhy.jpg

Don't ask me why :roll: :? :???:
BecauseIdontknow.jpg

Because I don't know. :wink:
Otherinterstedonlookers.jpg

Other interested Easter spectators
Oneofthehatracksatchurchthisevening.jpg

One of the hat racks at church Easter Sunday evening

Faster horses said:
Nice calves!!!!!!

And the rest of the story on the horse sale is...........
how many horses did you buy? :wink:

I needed three baby calves. Rena works at the sale barn so I called her to see if there were any available. She bought me three nice calves for $250 apiece, and I gave her $20 apiece for her order buying skills. When I went to pick up the calves, the horse sale was in progress. As I came in the door, a nice four-year-old Paint green broke gelding came into the ring. My spur of the moment logic thought that if a day old calf was worth $250, a four-year-old gelding with ten or fifteen rides on him sure ought to be worth the $350 that I bid. Yes, I got to take the horse home. :roll: :wink:

A friend passed away last week. In his obituary it was stated, "When it came to horses, he never let common sense get in the way of desire." Somehow, I can identify. :wink: :)

Soapweed said:
Faster horses said:
Nice calves!!!!!!

I needed three baby calves. Rena works at the sale barn so I called her to see if there were any available. She bought me three nice calves for $250 apiece, and I gave her $20 apiece for her order buying skills. When I went to pick up the calves, the horse sale was in progress. As I came in the door, a nice four-year-old Paint green broke gelding came into the ring. My spur of the moment logic thought that if a day old calf was worth $250, a four-year-old gelding with ten or fifteen rides on him sure ought to be worth the $350 that I bid. Yes, I got to take the horse home. :roll: :wink:

A friend passed away last week. In his obituary it was stated, "When it came to horses, he never let common sense get in the way of desire." Somehow, I can identify. :wink: :)

Not the horse in the picture? :? :lol: :lol:

Big Muddy rancher said:
Soapweed said:
Faster horses said:
Nice calves!!!!!!

Not the horse in the picture? :? :lol: :lol:

Nope. :wink:

Stickingoutlikeasorethumb.jpg

Somehow...I see two thumbs that got hit... :lol: That white face sticks out in a sea of black as much as the red coat....Guess the white face does have a little more company.

Waiting on pic of the spur of the moment buy.......

Cute calves.
Chickens are great to get eggs and if all else fails you can have Sunday fried chicken dinner.

Markers calves. Count the reds and BWF and multiply...
As for chickens...The reason cowboys eat eggs is to keep a chicken from entering the world. When we were kids the worst punishment in the world was cleaning chicken coop. The longer you were good, the worse a deal it was when you were bad (or got caught) :lol:

RSL said:
Markers calves. Count the reds and BWF and multiply...
As for chickens...The reason cowboys eat eggs is to keep a chicken from entering the world. When we were kids the worst punishment in the world was cleaning chicken coop. The longer you were good, the worse a deal it was when you were bad (or got caught) :lol:

Never drop your chewing gum when cleaning a chicken coop, because it's pretty hard to spot, and if you find it, it might have a funny taste when you put it back in your mouth. :roll: :wink:

Black Out said:
Soapweed, I thought your uncle taught you better than to buy a paint some comment like "I'd rather walk than ride a paint" :D :D :D

You are right. I should have been a more attentive student when he was trying to impart some wisdom. :wink: Now I know who you are, Black Out. :)

Latest posts