• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Are we having fun yet!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
It's -5 here today with snow and wind howling out of the north-found a drowned cow in a big dugout yesterday so waited for the wind to push her to one end. Had to wade out up to my chest this morning and get a rope on her then tow her into shallow enough water to reach her with the tractor. It was a bit chilly-when I took my chest waders off it looked like I was trying to smuggle olives lol. CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING!!!!!

Northern Rancher said:
It's -5 here today with snow and wind howling out of the north-found a drowned cow in a big dugout yesterday so waited for the wind to push her to one end. Had to wade out up to my chest this morning and get a rope on her then tow her into shallow enough water to reach her with the tractor. It was a bit chilly-when I took my chest waders off it looked like I was trying to smuggle olives lol. CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING!!!!!

Northern Rancher-- Same thing down here- COLD, WIND, SNOW-- just miserable.... Sometimes the sun comes out- next minute its snowing so bad you can't see 1/4 mile away.....Starting to think we're not going to have Spring-Go straight from winter to summer......

I feel for you guys up there. It was 80 here today with bright sun but has been a weird year all around. I usually have hay in the barn by now and it's too cool and too wet to cut!

It got 94 degrees in the TX hill country today.And I got a call from south TX that it was 102 degrees and April is going down as the driest on record,hope this aint just the start of another dry spring/summer.My hay fields better get rain next week they are getting pretty dry...........good luck

It has been cold here in Alberta the last few days , but we have lots of moisture.More than we have had in a few years. Things are looking good for a change.

Well I think I'm the most northern person on this board (correct me if I'm wrong)... Only +7 today, but the grass and leaves are green. Mid twenties earlier in the week. It's good to be in God's country 8)

16 degrees this morning as i woke the crew with bacon, eggs and muffins and then sent them out to gather the calves for branding today!!! what a beautiful day....blue skies...now snow....yet!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

That's one part of the country that I want to see some day. 30 years ago I thought about going up that way to see if one could still homestead there. Don't think I'd do it anymore if it was allowed, but the North-West still pulls, for some reason.

It's beautiful country MLA, although the winters can get pretty severe. Although I guess this IS Canada, and we are tougher breed than most :wink:
I'm the third generation on the ranch, my grandfather homesteaded it originally, so my roots run pretty deep. If you ever decide to come see it make sure you look me up.

Latest posts