• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Are you going?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cowboyup

Reaction score
To the Sitz Angus sale on the 12th? I helped calve and take care of the selection that they are offering this year. Talk about some awesome cattle and the production they have in their cow herd is phenomenal!

Good cattle. But they have a foot problem in their bulls.

All 16 of them on the bulls I bought there. And four of those feet were sticking up in the air two months after I got him. I called and never heard another word.

Price is high. Prefer to buy high powered genetics from lesser reputation outfits. Wish them the best luck in the world with what looks to be a very successful seedstock enterprise.

Justin said:
Ho55 said:
Good cattle. But they have a foot problem in their bulls.

i heard Upward is to blame for a lot of foot problems.

Justin,
I have not had any foot problems with the upwards bulls that i have purchased. The first upwards bull that I had lasted until he was 8 years old and the neighbors bulls got in and hurt his shoulder fighting. I have cows out of him and they have nice feet.

I haven't worked at Sitz Angus since last october but I am going to help at the sale so if anyone from here shows up, look me up and say hello.

If it matters I have been to Sitz on the national tour a few years ago
They develop their bulls about as good as one can anywhere in a real world environment

I saw Upward this past year and yes he does have feet and leg problems
The handler of him reminded me Upward is a old bull
And was kept in a small pen at the AI stud since he was a young bull
So he never got as much to move like a normal bull.
Some of those AI bulls do get out and breed cows naturally but
It did not seem to me Upward got that chance
The handler told me they just about put him down awhile ago but got his feet trimmed and got him in a bull run so he can walk
That day I saw him he was in the front Genex bull run and could get to and stand

The bulls looked really good. They weren't near as fleshy as they were last year. They also handled very quiet, we didn't have a single one get worked up. Sure nice to work with old cowboys who handle livestock slow and easy. Lot 171 went to a good friend of mine in Lambert MT. He is a Homestead calf and has a very nice disposition as well as good feet!

Latest posts