• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

As ranchers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

If you take it to the box you are a beef producer. Otherwise you are a cattle producer. Like GF I like to think I am a grass farmer or a Sunshine converter.

per said:
If you take it to the box you are a beef producer. Otherwise you are a cattle producer. Like GF I like to think I am a grass farmer or a Sunshine converter.

Again there are many tangibles, what do you define as a grass farmer ?

per said:

We've got a bunch of them in the Lower Mainland and other parts of BC Per.

The cops keep putting them in jail. :D

Do we raise our kids or turn them into caring, honest, competent adults? To me it's the same. If ya have cows you are a part of a chain to provide the end product---Beef. If you are a cow/calf, feedlot, yearling, grassfat, sale barn, slaughter house, supermarket, ect. you play a part in providing protien to the masses. I'm proud to say I raise cattle and produce beef. Unless this a trick question that makes me look like a bigger idiot than I normally look like.

gcreekrch said:
per said:

We've got a bunch of them in the Lower Mainland and other parts of BC Per.

The cops keep putting them in jail. :D
My mistake, I though it was a tradable commodity in BC. I guess that thought just went up in smoke. :)

Big Muddy rancher said:
Sandhusker said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
I'm glad you said that. :wink:

Here's my reasoning; Does your neighbor raise wheat or does he raise flour?

So they might be Canadian cattle but a US packer made them into US beef?

With your amateur attorney parsing of words, you're just falling back to the "Canadian Orange Juice" position, which makes no sense. You're trying to over-simplify the issue to "gotcha" me, but you're showing that you're completely misunderstanding the basis of the issue.

I don't understand why you choose to ignore the consumer's sentiment on this topic and instead just try to portray it as a R-CALF protectionist issue, BMR. There is no denying that consumers are solidly behind COOL and that they were the force that pushed it over the top. They want it and view it as a basic consumer right. It is the same failure to recognize consumer's sentiment and instead try to demonize R-CALF that has cost us billions in sales to Asia - and what will threaten the very existence of all of us when you allow the big packers to sell South American beef as "Product of USA" or "Product of Canada".

What really brought consumers to COOL was the Chinese melamine deal, where we suddenly realized the fact that we get our food from many sources and many of those sources have questionable trustworthiness and we lack the ability, or will, to monitor those sources. They want to be able to avoid those certain sources, and COOL is needed to be able to do that. Now, if you think that you can go before those consumers and convince them that repackaging and/or renaming melamine laced product will remove the melamine, then you've got an arguement. If you can't, you're just subjecting yourself to learn a lesson about consumers that you should of already learned.

Sandhusker said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Sandhusker said:
Here's my reasoning; Does your neighbor raise wheat or does he raise flour?

With your amateur attorney parsing of words, you're just falling back to the "Canadian Orange Juice" position, which makes no sense. You're trying to over-simplify the issue to "gotcha" me, but you're showing that you're completely misunderstanding the basis of the issue.

I don't understand why you choose to ignore the consumer's sentiment on this topic and instead just try to portray it as a R-CALF protectionist issue, BMR. There is no denying that consumers are solidly behind COOL and that they were the force that pushed it over the top. They want it and view it as a basic consumer right. It is the same failure to recognize consumer's sentiment and instead try to demonize R-CALF that has cost us billions in sales to Asia - and what will threaten the very existence of all of us when you allow the big packers to sell South American beef as "Product of USA" or "Product of Canada".

What really brought consumers to COOL was the Chinese melamine deal, where we suddenly realized the fact that we get our food from many sources and many of those sources have questionable trustworthiness and we lack the ability, or will, to monitor those sources. They want to be able to avoid those certain sources, and COOL is needed to be able to do that. Now, if you think that you can go before those consumers and convince them that repackaging and/or renaming melamine laced product will remove the melamine, then you've got an arguement. If you can't, you're just subjecting yourself to learn a lesson about consumers that you should of already learned.

Guess you win Burnt. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So your neighbors grows cattle he doesn't make beef?

Big Muddy rancher said:
Sandhusker said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

Yup. I called it didn't I!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scotch will do. :drink: :lol2:

burnt said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Sandhusker said:

Made in the US Scotch, with Canadian grown Barley, and water from the great lakes , no doubt

hypocritexposer said:
burnt said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

Made in the US Scotch, with Canadian grown Barley, and water from the great lakes , no doubt

Would that be the ultimate in multiculturalism or just mixed up? :wink:

Latest posts