• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

assortment of pictures...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H said:
Well, Well, Well!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't have to say much more do I? :p Mrs. H said to tell you two, you have cute kids, and not the miracle goats being raised by a single father either! Justin, If you'd like I could come and shoot coyotes for you so that old rifle wouldnt be in your way in the tractor. :wink:

no, you don't have to say much at all. i was worried you were going to say much more. :? :D thanks for taking it easy on me, i promise to return the favor. :lol: :lol:

WyomingRancher said:
Great pictures Justin :D . Looks like spring is in full swing at your place... cute kids, baby calves, baby goats, and green grass on the way! Just doesn't get much better than that :D .

She said it all...these are happy pictures! Thanks for posting :D

Big Muddy rancher said:
Since H wouldn't take you up on your offer of goats do we now have a competition between the two of you for Goat Baron of ranchers .net :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Goat Baron of ranchers.net" BMR, that has a nice ring to it. :p :p :p

Great pics, especially the little guy and the dog on the trusty steed named Polaris. :wink: :D

Great pics. I saw goats, but I saw happy kids and no buck brush, so those are pretty reasonable tradeoffs :lol: :lol: :lol:

John SD said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Since H wouldn't take you up on your offer of goats do we now have a competition between the two of you for Goat Baron of ranchers .net :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great pics, especially the little guy and the dog on the trusty steed named Polaris. :wink: :D

go ahead and give the title to H. he has been in the business longer than i have. i feel he deserves it more than i do. :wink: :lol:

Justin said:
John SD said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

go ahead and give the title to H. he has been in the business longer than i have. i feel he deserves it more than i do. :wink: :lol:

Maybe he has been in the business longer but at this point he is just an owner. You are a breeder now with the new family of goats. :wink:

gcreekrch said:
Justin said:
John SD said:

Maybe he has been in the business longer but at this point he is just an owner. You are a breeder now with the new family of goats. :wink:

well, thanks for pointing that out.........PAL. :wink:

gcreekrch said:
Justin said:
John SD said:

Actually I'm afraid H and Justin will just be the court Jesters of Goatdom as Haymaker is the REAL Goat Baron of Ranchers.net :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blkbuckaroo said:
Seems like everyones turnin' to goats these days :p :lol: ,great pics Justin 8)

Well you might just be onto something there chappie. There are more guys around here going to sheep and goats all the time. We are about 2 hours from Toronto, 1 hr. from Kitchener/Waterloo and a few other small cities and the ethnic population of those places is demanding more of those other meats and less beef all the time.

I know of one farmer nearby who makes tons more money from his 50 ewes than he does from feeding a few hundred steers. Lambs sold for over $3/lb. recently.

What does that tell us about changing markets? And I don't think that this is peculiar to Eastern Canada.

Oh and guess what else - they don't want pork . . .

A couple Sandhill ranchers always kept goats with their cows in the calving lot. They claimed that having them kept the calves from getting scours. I couldn't figure any connection and one day asked Joe what the reasoning was behind his theory. His reply: "No self respecting germ can stand the smell of a goat."

Bob M said:
A couple Sandhill ranchers always kept goats with their cows in the calving lot. They claimed that having them kept the calves from getting scours. I couldn't figure any connection and one day asked Joe what the reasoning was behind his theory. His reply: "No self respecting germ can stand the smell of a goat."

:lol: :lol: that seems logical to me.

leanin' H said:
Well, Well, Well!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't have to say much more do I? :p Mrs. H said to tell you two, you have cute kids, and not the miracle goats being raised by a single father either! Justin, If you'd like I could come and shoot coyotes for you so that old rifle wouldnt be in your way in the tractor. :wink:

Then Justin would have to actually do work!!!! Just giving you a hard time Justin. The pictures are great, looks like an ideal place to raise a family.

Latest posts