• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

At Livestock Auctions??

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Funny that farmers don't treat me like you folks do. Then again, I know much more about farming than I do ranching, because I was raised around farmers and on a farm.

When reality exposes stereotypes that were born on Ro da o drive in Hollywood, California, it is hard for the duped to accept that their delusions are not reality.

Ranching defies all stereotypes. Since the title is about cattle auctions I will say if I was selling a group of old broken mouths bordering smooth mouth cows, I don't care if the auctioneer had tattoos on his face and a nose ring with snot dripping off it and falling into his nachos that he ate between sales, and if he and his ring spotters were wearing Hells Angels jackets, and known to use sexually abusive language working the yards if they got my group bid up well over the market price, that is what counted.

When I left the sale with my check substantially healthier than most that judged the auctioneer and biker spotters I might even say thanks and nice work to the boys as they rode away on their "Hogs."

At the bank, parking my old pickup and trailer dripping manure next to a Mercedes wasn't a problem for anyone. Scraping the manure off my heeled local made logger boots on the scraper meant for snow was no problem for anyone. Standing in line, with my inflated check gripped tightly, between a pot-smoking hippie in bell bottoms and an old crippled-up rodeo cowboy still in his rodeo costume including chaps and spurs, wasn't a problem for me. My check was gladly accepted at the bank. It was my withdrawals that were frowned upon hahaha!

Last edited:
Baker City BBQ
Song is in reference to the cowboy/hippie BBQs they had on the Morrissey Ranch in Keating. I never went. Way too much noxious burning weed for me, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I couldn't hold my breath that long, but I judged none of them, cowboys or hippies for dress or lifestyle choices. I remembered what Jesus said about throwing rocks. :)
RIP JLR

"It's the 5th of July outside of Baker City where the cowboys and the hippies are looking mighty pretty, let's party on down like we used to do, it's a low down hoe down Baker City BBQ," :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
When reality exposes stereotypes that were born on Ro da o drive in Hollywood, California, it is hard for the duped to accept that their delusions are not reality.

Ranching defies all stereotypes. Since the title is about cattle auctions I will say if I was selling a group of old broken mouths bordering smooth mouth cows, I don't care if the auctioneer had tattoos on his face and a nose ring with snot dripping off it and falling into his nachos that he ate between sales, and if he and his ring spotters were wearing Hells Angels jackets, and known to use sexually abusive language working the yards if they got my group bid up well over the market price, that is what counted.

When I left the sale with my check substantially healthier than most that judged the auctioneer and biker spotters I might even say thanks and nice work to the boys as they rode away on their "Hogs."

At the bank, parking my old pickup and trailer dripping manure next to a Mercedes wasn't a problem for anyone. Scraping the manure off my heeled local made logger boots on the scraper meant for snow was no problem for anyone. Standing in line, with my inflated check gripped tightly, between a pot-smoking hippie in bell bottoms and an old crippled-up rodeo cowboy still in his rodeo costume including chaps and spurs, wasn't a problem for me. My check was gladly accepted at the bank. It was my withdrawals that were frowned upon hahaha!
You know, I wish someone would bug you/tease you, as much as you do it to me! But, since I understand that you no longer ranch, as I no longer rodeo, but love to reminisce on those years...........we're good!

Baker City BBQ
Song is in reference to the cowboy/hippie BBQs they had on the Morrissey Ranch in Keating. I never went. Way too much noxious burning weed for me, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I couldn't hold my breath that long, but I judged none of them, cowboys or hippies for dress or lifestyle choices. I remembered what Jesus said about throwing rocks. :)
RIP JLR

"It's the 5th of July outside of Baker City where the cowboys and the hippies are looking mighty pretty, let's party on down like we used to do, it's a low down hoe down Baker City BBQ," :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So you don't judge anyone for anything that you don't like? I serious doubt that because you constantly judge me. That's why I say, there are those that say "don't judge others", but then again, they themselves do it. Sort of really funny and ridiculous to me.

As usual and as I have mentioned to you before, you don't read with understanding what others have posted here.

NO ONE, not a single member here said anything about preferring a modern city look over a traditional country look. The discussion was about being judgmental to a point where you isolate yourself in a lonely place where the sound of your own voice is all that is heard.

Judging one a cowboy, a rancher, a biker, or even a hippie is a matter of opinion, and while that in itself isn't a problem, when you insult others with nonsense about how a way of dressing or preference in what one does to their body makes them lesser of a person and doesn't fit the stereotype that Hollywood and the internet portrays.

Spend a month working on a ranch during every season and then come back and tell us how that tattooed earring dangling rancher isn't a real rancher and does dishonor to the rancher or "cowboy" image. Maybe his skimpy shorts crop-topped donned wife you judged a buckle bunny might just save your life or teach you that ranching is about the heart, not appearance.

Maybe old grandma at 97 blind as can be sees the darkness in your soul as she mends your socks. Being judgemental and disliking someone because of appearance creates a darkness that extinguishes the light that separates humans from animals.

Having a personal preference and judging someone in a condemning way are two different things.

I don't judge you Cody and never have. I simply go off what you post. You place yourself in the seat of judgment and those of us while we may not agree with what you say, don't judge you. We may joke about you when you set yourself up as an expert on something others here know way more about.

I think I will join H in being done with your post which is a repetitive exercise in futility. I have been more than kind to you and I won't let your PERSONAL taunting affect me any longer.

Last edited:
Just noting for the record that I didn't address Cody personally and stuck to giving examples of why I feel as I do about the topic at hand. Let the record show that Cody was the one that started the personal attacks which I won't engage in other than this notation.

Just noting for the record that I didn't address Cody personally and stuck to giving examples of why I feel as I do about the topic at hand. Let the record show that Cody was the one that started the personal attacks which I won't engage in other than this notation.
For the record, I did no personal attacks to anyone on this forum. And, when it comes to judging others, absolutely nothing wrong with that. If more judging was done, there wouldn't be nearly as much illegal drug use and those people realizing that the people they know should be judged.

In fact, and it is well documented, that there are a certain amount of young folks that sport numerous tattoos/facial piercings, that have very serious drug problems. Before this "look" really, really became popular, I was an EMT for a few years in both LA and Orange Counties of California. I went to many overdoses!

But, you have your "likes" and "dislikes" just like we do, but our dislikes seem to anger some, while many others totally agree with our "dislikes".

There are Professors at Universities and Colleges that teach different courses in ranching and farming and none of them are covered in tattoos/facial piercings. I've met a few Veternary students, that attend the University of Colorado's Vet School in Ft. Collins and none had these two things.

Man you would of loved the days of the cattle drives before the railroad came. Cowboys would blow off steam in cow towns like Abilene and Dodge by drinking lots and lots of whisky and beer. Oh the horror!!!!! And they also frequented houses of ill repute!!! 😳😳
Thank the lord you weren't there to witness such wickedness and debauchery. I truly feel sorry for any person who is unable to judge others by the content of their character instead of the ink placed on an arm or a hole in an earlobe. And it's simply unbelievable that a self proclaimed city person has a question, which was answered by multiple rural ranchers, and refuses to listen. This is my final post to you Cody. I sure don't want you banned for this or any sight. But I won't further participate when you are so clearly not asking a question, but simply unwilling to listen when we answer. I'd hate to know your feelings about skin color but can imagine you also paint entire races with the same broad brush you judge people with. It's tragic and it's sad. My opinion of course. You're welcome to your own but don't expect me to like it.

being a veteran, how many in your unit had body ink? My, Dad was Navy had a wild Rose tattoo on one bicep. He grew up on a horse, helped trail Calvery remounts out of Montana, thru Idah back into western Wyoming, when he was 12. He broke a 3 year old on that long trip.

Last edited:
being a veteran, how many in your unit had body ink? My, Dad was Navy had a wild Rose tattoo on one bicep. He grew up on a horse, helped trail Calvery remounts out of Montana, thru Idah back into western Wyoming, when he was 12. He broke a 3 year old on that long trip.
Actually, I don't remember of any of my fellow Sailors that did, but I'm sure they did. But, what they didn't have was a neck full of tattoos or any facial piercings at all. And, without a doubt, none had Satan tattooed on their arm like I seen a cook at Mimi's Restaurant did.

And, I don't remember a single Naval Officer who had an arm full of tattoos. They would be very visible when that Officer was wearing their Dress Whites (short-sleeve white shirt). So, it, must have been ok for Enlisted sailors to have arms tattoos, but I don't think an Officer could have any.

Man you would of loved the days of the cattle drives before the railroad came. Cowboys would blow off steam in cow towns like Abilene and Dodge by drinking lots and lots of whisky and beer. Oh the horror!!!!! And they also frequented houses of ill repute!!! 😳😳
Thank the lord you weren't there to witness such wickedness and debauchery. I truly feel sorry for any person who is unable to judge others by the content of their character instead of the ink placed on an arm or a hole in an earlobe. And it's simply unbelievable that a self proclaimed city person has a question, which was answered by multiple rural ranchers, and refuses to listen. This is my final post to you Cody. I sure don't want you banned for this or any sight. But I won't further participate when you are so clearly not asking a question, but simply unwilling to listen when we answer. I'd hate to know your feelings about skin color but can imagine you also paint entire races with the same broad brush you judge people with. It's tragic and it's sad. My opinion of course. You're welcome to your own but don't expect me to like it.
I may be a proclaimed "city person", but I sure don't follow what young folks do in those cities. Anyway, I wouldn't think any "city person" would be attending, to simply observe, any livestock auction.
As far as race goes, my wife got me to listening to Motown music, because she grew up with it. She is white.
When I was an EMT, my partner in the Unit was black and I was extremely grateful of his race and that he lived in Compton, CA.
During the years we lived in Jacksonville, Florida, we met numerous very nice black folks. They were very nice and pretty stunned about some of the music we listened to, as in Earth-Wind & Fire, Kool and the Gang and Motown.

You're still here cause we are a tolerant bunch .Ranchrs are like that. Whether they have a tat or a piercing our is an arrogant old fool we let the chips fall where they may.
Your chips have fallen into the manure gutter.
like that ratty old cull cow with the dinky calf, that we let hang around another year.

1666482510024.png

You're still here cause we are a tolerant bunch .Ranchrs are like that. Whether they have a tat or a piercing our is an arrogant old fool we let the chips fall where they may.
Your chips have fallen into the manure gutter.
Again, not a very nice thing to say to someone! But............

So, you folks really, and I do mean "really", want me to leave this forum? I mean, wife and I can only take so much punishment (LOL) and not understanding our feelings.

Have absolutely no problem leaving and talking to ranchers, like the Facebook Group I'm on, that totally understand our feelings and...........the best part, agree with us.

So, you folks really, and I do mean "really", want me to leave this forum? I mean, wife and I can only take so much punishment (LOL) and not understanding our feelings.

Have absolutely no problem leaving and talking to ranchers, like the Facebook Group I'm on, that totally understand our feelings and...........the best part, agree with us.
I'd spend my time there, then.
So adios.

o, you folks really, and I do mean "really", want me to leave this forum? I mean, wife and I can only take so much punishment (LOL) and not understanding our feelings.

most the rancher groups I am on, on FB are closed groups, lot of the other seem to be mostly want a be. or others with some acreage and are just animal collectors. Daughter left most all the so-called ranch and farm pages on FB just because of the lack of knowledge of the members, that don't want to listen to more common and correct ways of livestock management.

Latest posts