• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Aug-13-2011

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
IMG_5132.jpg

IMG_5134.jpg

Washing windows
IMG_5135.jpg

IMG_5136.jpg

new knifes
IMG_5147.jpg

zooming thru hay
IMG_5148.jpg

whats going on
IMG_5142.jpg

where did everybody go?
IMG_5144.jpg

Hind legs are to stand on
IMG_5146.jpg
a speck of black turns out just to be a horsefly

HA!!!! i KNEW it.....a man CAN wash windows!!! :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

if ya ever need a "dog sitter", let me know!! :D

Did you find a rock? Looks like the conditioner roll got blemished too. now you're going to have to buy it.

I carry a gen set and angle grinder from field to field and sharpen every so often. If a rock bends a knife up they can be bent back down with a big crescent wrench.

gcreekrch said:
Did you find a rock? Looks like the conditioner roll got blemished too. now you're going to have to buy it.

I carry a gen set and angle grinder from field to field and sharpen every so often. If a rock bends a knife up they can be bent back down with a big crescent wrench.
only got abot 350 acres of meadow and if there a rock there it was hauled if for a coulvert or head gate. now the hills and dry farm are a differint story, some fields are not too bad others grow rocks. :eek:

had 28 degrees last Thrusday night , had a good run this spring (seem summer never got here) of no frost. Sue moves her potted plant garden into the house everynight . Can see a white tinge to the barley on the side hills around the upper valley. lower valley barley going from the green to yellow stage they must not have been hit.

jodywy said:
Showed Sue how to run it this afternoon. she wacked down 40 acres of thick, meadow hay in a little over 4 hours. :shock:
Not to bright, now you'll never get the quiet enjoyment of running it ever again. :wink:

I have a question and I hope I don't sound foolish. Around here most pull type hydra swing swathers are 14' and most self propelled swathers are 16'. A new pull type might run $25,000 or a little more and a new self propelled unit may run $70,000. Now I know we don't all buy new but even used the bigger units cost more. I know the self propelled would be faster and wouldn't tie up a tractor but aren't they a pretty expensive way to cut hay? I'd say there were probably more of the self propelled units around here than the pull type and some folks don't have enough acres to justify them. Am I just in the minority thinking the big units are too costly? Or is it that I don't have enough acres to justify one and am envious?

when we did little bales our swather, 2 balers and the stackliner(every thing was NH) were all selfpropelled, we had one tractor to farm and one loader tractor.
was looking at a pull rotory but needed more HP in a tractor for the new ones, this old 8500 Heston has about the same hours as my NH 1499 and the price wasn't that bad as a shed and just my place it will last me along time. Plus with only 2 tractors when I get help they are both running while the swather is. Then this summer with no help. I run one tractor on the racke in the morning , then bale with the other in the afternoon then swath a few hour into the evening.
Dad went right from tractor mower probaly over 40 years ago to one of those little 12 ft JD swather , then to a 12ft NH907, reaplaced 14ftNH 1114 then back to a 12ft 1499 which I still have. There was years when we rent other places or I did a little coustom work that we swath close to a 1000 acres a summer, most of it meadow hay of meadow foxtail, garrison, reeds canary grass, red top, alsike clover, carrics and reeds

Latest posts