• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

August 24, 2011

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Tryingtofindcrittersinthehillsamongstthesunflowers.jpg

Trying to find critters amongst the sunflowers
Thereafewhaveshowedup.jpg

There, a few have showed up.
Lookingoutacrossthecountryside.jpg

Looking out across the countryside
Theresalittledustintheair.jpg

There's a little dust in the air
Beforewecrossthehighway.jpg

Before we crossed the highway
Heifercalf.jpg

Heifer calf
Hidinginthesunflowers.jpg

Hiding in the sunflowers
Colorfullittlecharacter.jpg

Colorful little character
Hopehedoesntjumpthefencetogetwithourcows.jpg

Hope he doesn't jump the fence and get in with our cows.
Hesprobablygoodforsomething-wonderwhat.jpg

He's probably good for something -- wonder what? :roll:
Coupleofmykidstryingtogetbullsoutoftheherd.jpg

Couple of my kids trying to get bulls out of the herd

If he's on your side of the fence he's fair game to stretch and carve isn't he? 8)

Your cattle look as good as they ever have.

When I scrolled to the "colorful character" my first thought was "what the heck is soap coming to with a critter like that in his field"? Then came the fence foto . . .

I moved the Daughter's bucket calf(colorful critter) is morning from the pasture that he had been isolated in all summer. Thanks for the phone call, I sure didn't want you to get any spotted calves. :evil:

sandburr said:
I moved the Daughter's bucket calf(colorful critter) is morning from the pasture that he had been isolated in all summer. Thanks for the phone call, I sure didn't want you to get any spotted calves. :evil:

Soapweed could have used a couple of herd markers. :D :D

He actually looks pretty good. Developing a nice set of horns. Back in the day I would have used him on hfrs. Now they dock those calves so bad but we fed alot of LH crosses out and made some money. :D :D

BMR you just need to find a breeder that has bred for solid blacks or reds, thats what we do and its sure nice to watch them 1st calf heifers pop out a lively little calf that seldom if ever needs help.

I love the view through the grey's ears!! Great shot..I have one from the back of a grey horse too...when I get this uploading figured out I will share!

Thanks for sharing what looked like an amazing day!

Stav Ranch

sandburr said:

Why did you have to move your LH? Looked like a pretty good fence btwn the 2 bunches.....

jingo2 said:
sandburr said:

Why did you have to move your LH? Looked like a pretty good fence btwn the 2 bunches.....

It's called being respectful of your neighbors. In ranching country a phone call call save a day's worth of riding. NO fence is bull proof and Sandburr's moving of the bull is what I consider proper ranching etiquette.

Sandburr if your not using him as a bull why not castrate him and make a great looking lead steer . :D :D

Big Muddy rancher said:
jingo2 said:
sandburr said:

It's called being respectful of your neighbors. In ranching country a phone call call save a day's worth of riding. NO fence is bull proof and Sandburr's moving of the bull is what I consider proper ranching etiquette.

Sandburr if your not using him as a bull why not castrate him and make a great looking lead steer . :D :D

He will be cut the next time we are riding through that pasture.

sandburr said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
jingo2 said:

He will be cut the next time we are riding through that pasture.

It might take a pretty big loop to get over that spread of horns. :wink:

Folks, I want to apologize about the whole deal. My smart aleck typing kind of got me in trouble. I didn't make any phone calls, and I sure wasn't insinuating that Sandburr needed to move the bull. The colorful critter in question was just so photogenic that my camera practically jumped out of my shirt pocket. Then only problem was that some of my comments were misinterpreted.

Latest posts