• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Australian Cattle Dog, Blue Neutered Male needs home

Help Support Ranchers.net:

REDANDBLUEHEELERGAL

Reaction score
I have a AKC registered blue male heeler (WITH TAIL AS PER AKC STANDARDS) who is in the Chicago area and needs a home. The man who bought him from me 8 months ago is moving and cannot keep him
He is moving to Michigan.....so what they can't have dogs in Michigan? What a cop out!!!!

Anyway, he was born Dec 1, 2006, is blue, half mask, AKC, trained, house broken and in need of a home. He is neutered and his dad was 4 pts to his Championship when we lost him in June. I will be taking the dog back as per my contract, but if anyone is in that area it would be great to try to place him. If not he will be in MS in a few weeks.

Thanks,

I am one hour from the Gulf Coast, one hour from New Orleans and one hour from Hattiesburg, MS

I was smack dab in the middle of Hurricane Katrina two years ago, the eye went right over our farm at 1 PM on this day.

Still trying to get back to normal.

--------good luck with getting back to normal. I can't even fathom, the magnitude of all that. And it's still all being second-guessed as we speak. I would like to know more about the dog. His he a cull/fool---does he have potential. I live in the country, have around 100 mama cows, and want a dog that will ride and work. But I don't want to start with a known problem. I'm willing, but I've never seen a jackass win the Kentucky Derby. I'm sure you have bloodlines with all the traits to get it done, I'm just trying to be objective---thanks

I can't tell you what his working ability is until I get him back here, but I doubt he has any. The idiot who has him lives in an apartment in PA, so that tells you how much he has done with the dog. NOTHING

When I get him home tomorrow I will give him a few days to adjust and then take him around the cattle and see how he reacts......

----that's great. I've had Ch. coonhounds, and know full well, that if it's bred in them, it'll come out with opportunity. How about anything else in your kennel that might be lightly started, that would be for sale???

Currently I do not have any started dogs. I have on red female directly from the Buzzard lines who we started but we want to breed her first and see what she produces.

I know a lot of breeders who had/have dogs up for sale, but they are asking $$ for them, most have herding titles and some are just from super working lines so they want $$ for them.

I knew of two in CO and I know of one in IL, but not sure of the price.

REDANDBLUEHEELERGAL said:
I can't tell you what his working ability is until I get him back here, but I doubt he has any. The idiot who has him lives in an apartment in PA, so that tells you how much he has done with the dog. NOTHING

Woah, hold up there... you're the one who sold the dog to the "idiot" in the first place, so since you apparently have a problem with the dog being kept in an apartment- why sell the dog to them?

The man lied to me. He provided me with a physical address, I checked it out and it was in an area with land, later I found out it was his uncles address. When I sold and shipped the dog to him it was to a CHICAGO address When it came time to mail his AKC papers to him I wanted to verify the address, then he slipped up and sent me an address in a high rise apartment in Philly. I questioned him and he said he had gotten transferred and now lived in Philly. What could I do at that point? His references he procvided checked out, so I went with it.

Once you sell a dog and they have it, there is not much you can do. I would email him almost monthly to get updates on the dog and he never answered me. I tired calling and calls were not returned.

Finally when he decided the dog was too much for him and once more he was moving this time to Michigan he wanted to give the dog back to me.

Let me add. Breeders do the best we can to place our dogs in good loving forever homes, but any breeder, whether the best on Earth or not, can't always tell what the buyer is really like. People lie, they fake records, give references of friends to lie for them and say they only have one or two dogs to find out they have a lot more. We do the best we can to provide our dogs with good homes. AND it is written in my contract that ALL dogs are to be returned to me, not to a kennel or shelter or sold. THAT IS WHY when a puppy leaves here, they are MICROCHIPPED IN MY NAME, my name, my address and my phone number. So if anyone goes in with one of my dogs to a shelter, they will scan them and call me, same goes for a sale or a dog, if it is scanned I come back as the owner which will make any vet or individual question why this dog is registered to Bleu Moon Kennels in MS. I have had four calls where the dogs were lost and they called me, and I provided them with the new owners name and address and phone. The dogs were reunited with the proper owners.

In all my years of breeding I have had only two dogs returned to me. And to this day I know where all my dogs are, it is in the contract also to provide me with moving and forwarding addresses, not that all follow it, but 99 percent do, except for this person who got caught anyway.

Hope this answers your question.

I do want to add, that I do have a heeler I sold to a man in NY who lives in an apartment overlooking Central Park.

He is a fantastic owner and the dog goes to school with him each day.

He is a teacher for disabled children and uses his dog as a therapy dog for children.

So sometimes it works to have a dog in an apartment.

No, I don't. MY contract is that the dog is returned to me. Almost all CODE OF ETHIC breeders have that in their contracts. If we sell a dog, and it does not work out, there is no telling what situation the dog ends up in.

As I said prior, we try our best to place our dogs in good, loving forever homes. In the instance that someone cannot keep the dog we require it to come back to us. If people were able to re-sell the dog, there is no telling who they may sell to in desperate times or situations. What if they sold to a puppymill, for a breeding bitch? Or sold a stud to a puppy mill and this dog was used to breed and inbreed to other dogs. My name is behind that dog and that kennel name......and I do not want my kennel name associated or linked to a puppy mill. Then again, they might sell to someone who, like them, thought they wanted a heeler and could handle one, next thing you know they are dumping it off at a pound./shelter, so NO, my dogs always come back to me.

There is no-resale on my end. I either keep the dogs on our place or I eventually place them in a home. I work with a rescue organization so we do screenings on the new potential family.

I am beginning now to use a puppy application for placemet of all my puppies, but again, we can only do so much, it is up to the new owner to be honest with us up front and to take care of the dog. It would be nice if it was a perfect world for all.

Latest posts