• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Australian Checkoff Supports "Australian Beef"

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

What a unique idea- identifying and supporting beef from your own country :???: :wink:

Foreign Trade
Australia Increases Its Beef Checkoff To $5/Head
As of Jan. 1, the Australian checkoff, or cattle transaction levy (CTL), jumped to $5/head sold, up from the previous $3.50. Meat and Livestock Australia (MLA) says the extra $1.50 will fund new marketing initiatives and programs for beef, both domestically and abroad.

Domestically the industry aims to boost consumption of Australian beef. Internationally it seeks to better differentiate its products on quality, integrity and supply consistency, while building customer loyalty.
In Japan, its largest customer, Australia will increase its efforts to protect its recent gains in the frozen and chilled markets, while pursuing longer-term growth prospects. It also intends to launch a Premium Australian Beef brand.

In the U.S., the focus is maintaining its frozen volumes and helping its exporters secure sustainable chilled volumes.

In Korea, Australia's third-largest market, it will protect its frozen and chilled volumes, while positioning Australia for success as the chilled market develops.

In addition, MLA says it will work to create opportunities for live exports to compete against low-priced beef from South America and India, particularly in South East Asia, and position Australia as a reputable supplier.

Now why would they do something as foolish as that. Don't they realize a rising tide lifts all ships? :wink:

Sandhusker said:
Now why would they do something as foolish as that. Don't they realize a rising tide lifts all ships? :wink:

Maybe they realize that if you do nothing and don't patch the holes in your ship you eventually sink........

THEY still got some problems with meat traceback and they are working towards that idea.Domestically the industry aims to boost consumption of Australian beef. Internationally it seeks to better differentiate its products on quality,****** integrity****** and supply consistency, while building customer loyalty. THEY STILL GOT BIG PROBLEMS WITH THEIR RFID tag TRACEBACK SYSTEM !

Porker,you got friends in MICHIGAN. Michigan moves toward mandatory electronic ID
The Michigan Agriculture Commission voted last week to mandate electronic identification of all Michigan cattle beginning in ***2007***. The commission directed the Michigan Department of Agriculture to develop an implementation plan and report back to the commission within six months. The Michigan Farm Bureau supports the move

Sir,With the TB in deer in the northern part of the state we had to put RFID tags on every bovine but the southern tier down next to Ind. will have to tag too. Since I am ahead of this in Mich. and had my animals tagged it won't affect me as my data is in the ScoringAg databank and its safe.Our State hasn't got their act together yet,just like Texas as they have TB in cattle.

Latest posts