• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Australian scene

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tully

Reaction score
Things in the great south land are ticking along fine, the ground has dried up at last & we will be looking for more rain soon enough. Our wagyu cattle havn't got any prettier but they are making up for it in other ways. The latest live export prices show fullblood wagyu steers 230-300kg $1800/hd at the quarantine station & the feedlots are still trying to outbid each other to fill their pens.The govt is still in the throws of taking our irrigation water away from us ,the green vote seems more attractive to them than the farm vote & both sides of polotics seem to have the same views in this case.The bull selling season is in full swing & some of the bigger named studs are doing amazingly well , Palgrove charolais had their sale last week & averaged $11000 for the first 140 or so bulls(top $53000) & Booroomooka Angus averaged $6000 for 169 rising 2yold bulls , A friend came home from a trip to England & sold 60 wagyu bulls in 3 weeks without advertising for $6000 av. To put it mildly the beef industry is quite healthy over here but as we all know these years are just the average makers.
regards
Tully
Australia :wink:

why would you want to be in Austrailia????

this time of year, I would not want to be anywhere but the U S of A. fall harvest creeping up, fall calvers getting close, and collage football !!! heck, we even shut down the combines on some Saturdays to go watch the games!

sleeper in the Big 12....Kansas State! gonna make it 4 in a row on those corn shuckers this year.[/img]

time will tell........

My 4th child was born 3 days before we broke the loss streak to Knebraska.
I am driving them home from the hospital, in the middle of a blizzard, listening to the game....just going gonzo nuts...and I swear as the game ended, the announcers are describing the scene...I look over and see my baby smile! like she knew it was a big deal.....

made my old purple heart swell up with pride!

Tully,

your comment on the Wagyu's not looking pretty made me laugh.......I think the good looking ones are ugly, LOL!!!!!!!!!! But they should make some bank for you....

PPRM

Latest posts