• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

autisum numbers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

VB RANCH

Reaction score
(CBS News) There is a surprising new report on autism. The Centers for Disease Control now estimates 1 in 88 children has a disorder on the autism spectrum. That's up 23 percent from just two years ago. The rate for boys is now 1 in 54. CBS News correspondent Michelle Miller looks into what's behind the increase in Thursday's report.

The CDC's latest survey suggests autism is epidemic. It was an unexpected finding to Dr. Gary Goldstein, who studies the disorder.

"That's a pretty enormous number and I was sort of surprised that it's continuing to increase at this rate of over 20 percent," he said.

In fact, the new numbers would indicate an extraordinary situation -- that the rate of autism has doubled in just six years.

Dr. Coleen Boyle of the CDC oversaw the study. "No matter what the number is," she said, "there's one thing for certain, and that is that more children are being identified with autism."

CDC sees autism up 25 percent

In 2008, the CDC studied the medical and educational records of over 300,000 8-year-olds in 14 states. They were looking for a diagnosis or symptoms of autism spectrum disorder or ASD.

ASD refers to a group of symptoms including a profound inability to communicate, mental retardation, and other developmental disorders from mild to severe. Diagnosis can be complicated and subjective.

"The people who are making the observations are more attuned to autism and more likely to describe these symptoms," said Goldstein.

The CDC acknowledges that the surge is due in part to increased awareness. The cause of autism remains a mystery.

Some of the clues may be found in studying families like the Otts. Twelve-year-old Brock Ott was diagnosed at age five.

"I act normal now," he said. "If you got me when I was young, I'd stare into space and then I'd talk to you while I'm staring into space. You'd be talking to me and I'd be staring here and I'd still be talking to you."

"So things have gotten better?" asked Miller.

"A lot better," said Brock.

At Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, researchers look for changes in the brain after birth, and even during pregnancy. That's why Brock's sister, Vianna has been monitored since she was born.

So far, she's a typical three-year-old. But given the rise in cases, her mother Naidona is anxious for answers.

"When I have grandchildren, is it going to be 1 in 2?" she asked.

Naidona's son Brock has gone through extensive therapy in specialized schools before he saw improvement. Next year, new guidelines are expected to change the definition of autism. That could drastically reduce the number of children being given the diagnosis, particularly those kids with mild autistic traits like Brock.

Is autism on the increase, or are we recognising more cases now? many people diagnosed as Cerebral Palsy 20 or more years ago, are now being found to be Autistic, we also have more recognised levels of autism, from high level (Aspergers such as Temple Grandin and Einstien) to high dependency autsim needing high levels of care for their lifetime.

At the current moment I've been trying to find out why they are putting aborted fetus, genetically modified DNA and animal DNA in vaccines. Humans have a 2 strand helix DNA, but animals have a 3 strand..... I wonder what kind of DNA the nephilim had.

Anyway, here's a whole page of articles about vaccines... http://www.wanttoknow.info/vaccinesnewsarticles

but this one needs mentioning and Dr. Blaylock, a retired neurosurgeon, has said the federal government refuses to fund any studies on how mercury affects a childs brain development and I think that needs to be looked into.....

Scandal Exposed in Major Study of Autism and Mercury
2011-10-25, Sacramento Bee (Leading newspaper in California's capital city)
http://www.sacbee.com/2011/10/25/4005040/scandal-exposed-in-major-study.html

The Coalition for Mercury-free Drugs (CoMeD) exposes communications between Centers for Disease Control (CDC) personnel and vaccine researchers revealing U.S. officials apparently colluded in covering-up the decline in Denmark's autism rates following the removal of mercury from vaccines. Documents obtained via the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) show that CDC officials were aware of Danish data indicating a connection between removing Thimerosal (49.55% mercury) and a decline in autism rates. Despite this knowledge, these officials allowed a 2003 article to be published in Pediatrics that excluded this information, misrepresented the decline as an increase, and led to the mistaken conclusion that Thimerosal in vaccines does not cause autism. In Denmark, Thimerosal, a controversial mercury compound used as a preservative in certain vaccines, was removed from all Danish vaccines in 1992. The well-publicized Danish study published in Pediatrics 2003 claimed that autism rates actually increased after Thimerosal was phased out. This study subsequently became a cornerstone for the notion that mercury does not cause autism. However, one of the FOIA documents obtained from CDC clearly indicates that this study omitted large amounts of data showing autism rates actually dropping after mercury was removed from Danish vaccines.

Note: For the complete text of the article, which has been taken down from the Sacramento Bee website, click here. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/scandal-exposed-in-major-study-of-autism-and-mercury-132519518.html

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/06/25/mmr-vaccine-caused-autism.aspx?e_cid=20120701_SNL_MV_1

this is only a part of the article:

Why is US Media in Black-Out on this Story?

It's well worth mentioning that this story has yet to be addressed in the US media... The Daily Mail was the first paper in the UK to talk about it on June 15iv. The Independent was the second to print an article, on June 17. The Daily Mail was the most substantive of the two. Their version included the following statements:

"Judge Lucio Ardigo, awarding compensation to the family... said it was 'conclusively established' that Valentino had suffered from an 'autistic disorder associated with medium cognitive delay' and his illness, as Dr Barboni stated, was linked to receiving the jab. Lawyer Mr Ventaloro explained yesterday: 'This is very significant for Britain which uses, and has used, an MMR vaccine with the same components as the one given to Valentino. 'It is wrong for governments and their health authorities to exert strong pressure on parents to take children for the MMR jab while ignoring that this vaccine can cause autism and linked conditions.'

Claudio Simion, a leading member of the lobby group Association for Freedom of Choice in Vaccination (Comilva), adds: 'The Rimini judgment is vitally important for children everywhere. The numbers with autism are growing. It is a terrible thing that the authorities turn a blind eye to the connection between the MMR vaccination and this illness.'"

The complete lack of coverage of this case in the US media is a potent example of how health information is flat out censored in the US. Is it any wonder so many Americans are still in the dark? Whether hearing about this case in the US media would sway you to believe vaccines may cause autism or not, the REAL story here is the fact that you're not even being allowed to learn about it in the first place!

"Controversial" MMR Vaccine Research Replicated and Accurate

It's virtually impossible to read an article about the MMR vaccine without coming across a reference to British gastroenterologist Dr. Andrew Wakefield's 1998 research published in The Lancet, which suggested there may be a link between the MMR vaccine, chronic bowel disease, and autism. Ever since the article's publication, it has remained one of the most cited yet controversial studies on the topic of vaccine safety.

Few public health officials or doctors speaking about vaccination in the media today fail to drive home the point that Wakefield's research was subsequently "discredited" by the General Medical Council in Britain, while completely ignoring the facts about what his research actually showed, and the long list of studies done since then by other researchers that back up his initial findings.

Dr. Wakefield's 1998 study involved a retrospective case series analysis, which essentially reviews the clinical histories of a group of patients with a constellation of signs and symptoms that link them together and create a pattern. In this case, it was a group of autistic children with gastrointestinal problems, which led to the discovery of a novel bowel disease that Wakefield and his colleagues at the Royal Free Hospital in London first described.

But rather than celebrating the discovery of a tangible, treatable and potentially preventable serious health problem that could help those suffering with similar health issues, Wakefield's discovery became a hotly debated controversy in which Dr. Wakefield's personal and professional reputation was smeared.

Why?

Because the clinical story didn't end with bowel disease; it also included symptoms of regressive autism after receiving the MMR vaccine...

In the years following his 1998 finding, which linked the MMR vaccine to inflammatory bowel disease and symptoms of autism, Dr. Wakefield published another 19 papers on the vaccine-induced bowel disorder. All were peer reviewed, and none have been retracted. However, none of these 19 papers are ever discussed in the media.

The only study that keeps seeing the light of day is the original Lancet article from 1998. Another interesting fact is that, since that study, a large number of replication studies have been performed around the world, by other researchers, that confirm Wakefield's initial findings. Yet you never hear a word about those either!

Latest posts