• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Average booster

Help Support Ranchers.net:

honyak

Reaction score
Looks like these guys raised a great one.http://www.angus.org/Mobile/AngusProductions/SaleReportDtl.aspx?eid=DgAAAO4gkzR400ds92U%2fZUnV4dQ%3d&il=DgAAAEQrujU5dwVoL18j9OafTcE%3d

A high price.........real or funny money.......does NOT make a bull great.

It's all about the numbers. I seen the whole sale spread on DV Auction the night of the sale some bulls no saled and a bunch in the mid $3000 range my thought was how can a herd have one worth $235,000 and you cant get a floor bid on others in the same herd.

Sarcasm gets lost rapidly in text. I'm with you I don't get it. Same guys that own this bulls daddy bought this bull. Hype machine in overdrive . I know herds that AId Cash to heifers and had calves from 60 to 100 lbs. More on the heavy end.

Denny said:
It's all about the numbers. I seen the whole sale spread on DV Auction the night of the sale some bulls no saled and a bunch in the mid $3000 range my thought was how can a herd have one worth $235,000 and you cant get a floor bid on others in the same herd.

The first thing I look for in a seed stock producer is uniformity. I am just a little outfit now, but I have worked on big ranches my whole life. How can a commercial producer expect a solid uniform bunch of calves when they buy bulls from a place that is all over the map? I completely agree Denny. There are several places out here where the tail-end bulls of the sale are dang near as good as the lead off bull. And the cowherd they come from looks the same way. Solid, great cattle across the board!

Latest posts