• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Baby girl names

Help Support Ranchers.net:

sic 'em reds

Reaction score
My wife and I are expecting our first baby the end of September and found out it is a girl. We are starting to think of names and would like to stay pretty traditional with a western/turn of the century name. We have quite a few picked out like Rosemary, Cora, Grace, Suzanne, Madelynn, etc.

What names can you all come up with?

I went thru all the grandma's and great grandmas without findin a name I liked for Lil Lilly. Then years later it dawned on me that my grandmothers middle name was Dove. And that her mother's middle name was Dove also. Grandma had 7 girls and didn't use that name at all.....and I have 38 cousins....and no one's named that. I've kicked myself so many times for not carryin that name on. I met a lil girl who's name was Dovie...and she was the cutest thing...that's when I realized I shoulda used it.

Mr Lilly's great grandma's name was Cordelia....I really wanted to use it..but knew that it'd get shortened to Delia and I didn't like that. Amanda was almost named Amelia.....I like Amelia Grace alot.

A cowboy and his wife that work on a neighboring place have the cutest little girl-- with what I think is a cute name-- Taylor Rose...

Congrats Sic-em Reds on the new little girl thats coming...

Sounds like I have 2 new granddaughters that are due to make their debuts into the world about the first week of Aug... Both the DIL and my daughter are due less than a week apart!!!

sic 'em reds said:
My wife and I are expecting our first baby the end of September and found out it is a girl. We are starting to think of names and would like to stay pretty traditional with a western/turn of the century name. We have quite a few picked out like Rosemary, Cora, Grace, Suzanne, Madelynn, etc.

What names can you all come up with?

Gotta niece named "Molly"...no middle name. Love it.

I know a girl named McKenzie that is just beautiful, inside and out!

Congratulations! And be sure to let us know what you decide.

Our daughter has a long name....and she sure got tired of writing
it in school. The McKenzie I referred to has "Kenzie" as a nick name.

Congrrraattssssss

Clementine
Charlotte
Myra
Rowena
Stella
Hope
Ella
Delilah
Faith
Mae
Rachel
I would say Morgan BUT back then it was a boys name

Congrats2a.gif

I had a pretty mare named Nickolena one time. :wink:

One old family name that I kind of liked was "Alpharetta."

Our daughter is Tiffany. We had thought about Victoria, calling her Tori for short. Later when we were out of the kid raising business, :) my younger sister
named her daughter Tori, without Victoria being part of the deal.

Other good names are:

Laura
Inez
Grace
Diana http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY7X62RJDl0
Constance
Signe
Abigail
Alexandra
Allison

Here is a good link with lots of baby names.

http://www.momswhothink.com/baby-girl-names/baby-girl-names-a-to-z-listing.html

Latest posts