• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Back from the Big City

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Nicky

Reaction score
Hi all,
Didn't mean to disappear just when I was feeling at home here. Got real busy, everything is ahead of schedule here cause of the droughty winter. Hubby got our triticale planted (for hay) in hopes we'll get some rain cause we don't think we'll be irrigating long. Usually don't get it planted til mid april. And it might be working, yesterday we got rain :D
Then my cousins flew me to Toronto Canada as a surprise for my Aunts 80th bday. I hadn't been there for 31 years so guess I was due :!: It was alot of fun, some of the cousins I hadn't seen in all that time. Not a great time to be gone, but something I'm very glad I did. My other aunt that lives there is 84 and doesn't travel any more. So...probably will be the last time I see her.
Kris, how is your dad getting along?
FH, how is your dad doing, and you?

Have a good day everyone :wink:

Thanks for your concern, Nicky.

My dad has rallied once again. Bless his heart, he had a lot to overcome, but they are sending him back to the nursing home on Friday, it sounds like. The doctor says his right lung is like a piece of liver. If he were younger they would operate on it, but as he is, he would never stand the operation.

I plan on going down and spending Easter with him. I was going to go today, but with the snowstorm in the forecast, I decided to wait. And that's what he wanted too.

Faster horses said:
Thanks for your concern, Nicky.

My dad has rallied once again. Bless his heart, he had a lot to overcome, but they are sending him back to the nursing home on Friday, it sounds like. The doctor says his right lung is like a piece of liver. If he were younger they would operate on it, but as he is, he would never stand the operation.

I plan on going down and spending Easter with him. I was going to go today, but with the snowstorm in the forecast, I decided to wait. And that's what he wanted too.

Faster Horses I am glad to hear your Dad is getting better. It's amazing how someones will to get better and attitude can help them improve. We are keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

I'm glad to hear you're getting some moisture and supposed to be getting more, but I hope that doesn't impede your trip over Easter to see your Dad.

Take care and cheers to moisture!:lol:

TTB

Nicky - So after 31 years, you wouldn't see many changes in Toronto, would you? :wink:

That is one crazy city. I like it best when I'm leaving it, rarely as I go there.

Welcome back, Nicky!!!

My grandma passed away Monday morning, she was 89. She lived in Illinois, so I surprised her by flying back there for her 80th birthday. I'm glad I did, I remember her that way. Still had her wonderful attitude, love of life. A few years after, her husband passed away and she started going downhill. Although I've talked to her on the phone, I at least still remember her how she was on her 80th.

No can't say I noticed any changes. Except that I wasn't (as) scared of the subways as I was when I was little. Mom said I would hold my ears and cry when they came. I was much braver this time :p
Hanta Yo - sorry about your grandma. It's hard to loose them even when it's time.
FH - Good luck on Easter, it your hubby going or staying to calve? We'll pray for a good trip and a good visit.

That is one of the drawbacks to this business. Sometimes you just cannot leave and calving is one of those times. I hate to be gone, too, because one person gone is a pair of hands not here. But my husband is very good about it and knows it is something I have to do.

Really appreciate the prayers. Thank you.

Nicky....welcome back!!!
dad did great on his trip back home....got him there in a near blizzard...got home to our dustbowl the next day and it has been 2 weeks now and he is doing really good. He called me yesterday and was able to talk for 15 full minutes without running out of breath!! sure made me breathe easier, too, knowing he was doing okay!!
:D :D

Latest posts