• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Back home on the ranch September 27, 2013

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Viewoutmyhospitalroomwindow800x600_zps61a4d180.jpg

View from the window in my room at the hospital
Prettysunset800x600_zps3eddd6ae.jpg

Pretty sunset
Myrelativescametovisit800x600_zps1b094914.jpg

My relatives came to visit.
TryingtoslipintomyNutterButters800x600_zps660c6876.jpg

Trying to slip into my Nutter Butters
Checkingouttheequipment800x600_zpsa6828390.jpg

Checking out the equipment
KosmoKid800x600_zps2fca29d6.jpg

Kosmo Kid
Sparky800x600_zpsf26fe432.jpg

Sparky
Builtmeanicewalkingstick800x600_zpscff5a329.jpg

Designed for me a very nice walking stick
Madefromahedgepost800x600_zpsc50c9cd1.jpg

Made from a hedge post
TheSpearheadbrand800x600_zps203b1db6.jpg

The Spearhead brand
Agoodoldboywhosharedmystay800x600_zpscd60043d.jpg

A good old boy who shared my stay
MysonsinwhomIamwllpleased800x600_zpscd66c18b.jpg

My sons, in whom I am well pleased.
Delightfulgrandkids800x600_zps50662e18.jpg

Delightful grandkids
Awonderfulwifeandwonderfuldaughter-in-law800x600_zps0a46d03b.jpg

A wonderful wife and wonderful daughter-in-law
ThisishowImademygrandentrance800x600_zps52fbe16a.jpg

This is how I made my grand entrance to Regional West Medical Center in Scottsbluff, Nebraska, three weeks ago today. They saved
my life and took very good care of me ever since. I thank them profusely, and have great respect for the whole staff of doctors, nurses,
therapists, and staff that were involved. Thank you RWMC.
Comeinbyhelicopter800x600_zps9795ac02.jpg

Coming in by helicopter
Ilooklikeaninmate600x800_zps8fa7d32b.jpg

I look like an inmate.
Anotheronecomingin800x600_zpsc0ba6e90.jpg

Another one coming in
Greatcrew800x600_zpsb796f5bb.jpg

Great crew
JFRanchandhislovelybride800x600_zpsdd340b69.jpg

JF Ranch and his lovely bride came to visit.
Sparkydidalittleartwork600x800_zps9e0252c8.jpg

Sparky did a little art work on my board.
Aniceyoungladywhohelpedmealot800x600_zps8500c959.jpg

A nice young lady who helped me a lot with therapy
Nicebouquetthatmyfinanciallendinginstitutiongaveme600x800_zpsfa494b6c.jpg

Pretty bouquet given to me by my financial lending institution
Peachscousinstoppedby800x600_zpsee1773b9.jpg

Peach's cousin stopped by. He is an engineer for the railroad and drives a lot of heavy high-powered loads.

Great to see that your on the mend and the road to recovery. Good luck to you and listen to your doctors, please don't over do it. The ranch will survive just fine under the direction of your son and wife. I know i. Speak from experience. I have recovered from my medical issues, and found that My son did a better job than if I would have done it.

Boy take care with that West Nile... There must be a tough strain going around this year as I've heard of some bad problems... Two or three in MT have died- and I know of a couple folks that are hospitalized with major problems developing from it..
A friends son got West Nile- led into Meningitis and now has no immune system and has developed disseminated shingles... He's having a tough row and he was a young stout lad...

Welcome home Soap. :D

You do look a bit peaked after your bout with WN. Debbie wants to know if you have an immunity to it now or can you contract it again?

You must owe a lot of money to have a banker send you flowers! :p :lol:
They would send me a notice of payment is case I might not pull through. :wink:

Hoping you're back in the saddle before long. Ya can't keep a good man down.

Thanks, everyone. This old mosquito beat me up worse than a grizzly bear would have. I don't have very much use of my left hip, which makes walking very difficult. I wouldn't have a chance without a walker, and then it is pretty precarious. Much of my hearing is gone, so now I have a new pair of hearing aids which only cost $3405. They are quite helpful, but do distort the sounds around; they are sure better than not having them. My vision isn't as good as it was before, but still isn't too bad. Hopefully with a lot of work and therapy, I can still be an asset around here instead of a detriment.

I am very proud of the Kosmo Kid, Peach, and my sister. They have kicked into gear, and with the help of some neighbors and day help, have given all of the calves their preconditioning vaccinations. Now there is sorting to be done before taking calves to Valentine Livestock Auction starting on October 10th. I won't be much help but will at least try to stay out of their way.

Sparky has been busy building a nice ramp to overcome the steps getting into our house. It works like a dream, and I am thankful for his expertise. Anyway, things are looking up, and I appreciate all the prayers, calls, cards, visits, and concern. I live in a wonderful neighborhood full of great caring peoples. I consider Ranchers.Net as part of this fine neighborhood. :)

Three weeks! Wow. What an ordeal for anyone to have to undergo.
Like Debbie, I am wondering if you are now immune to West Nile?

Soap, we are very thankful to have you back posting here. This place sure wouldn't be the same without you. :nod:

Follow the doctor's and PEACH's orders so we can ALL keep you around!!!! :D

Now might be an excellent time to start writing that book...

Great that you're on the mend! You've educated many of us on the dangers and side effects of this virus as well, I'm sure. Did the symptoms come on slowly?

Traveler said:
Great that you're on the mend! You've educated many of us on the dangers and side effects of this virus as well, I'm sure. Did the symptoms come on slowly?

Slowly but steadily. General lethargy, and extreme tiredness. Then a fever and being sick enough to not want to do much of anything. Peach says my highest temperature here at home was 103.5 degrees, but I think I heard it was 104.5 at the hospital. All I know is that I darn near croaked. There are several days where I have no recollection. I was hallucinating and not making any sense with my conversation. During one night I managed to pull out all my IV equipment, which didn't make the authorities very pleased with their patient. On another occasion I got out of bed with a full time nurse supposedly on guard, even though all the rails were up on the bed, and I was sick enough that they didn't think there was any chance I'd escape. When I was coherent I tried to be a nice guy, but when I wasn't, everyone beware. :wink:

Thank God you are on the mend - - - you have been missed.

Aren't you glad you had "preconditioned" your family so that they could take up the slack during your vacation?

Whoa that was a rough ride. Sounds like it would have killed a lesser man!

So glad to have you back in the land of the living rather than the valley of the shadow of death!

Good to have you back. I hope that you recover back to your old form. That elite, athletic figure you once were, on the back of your horse, or seat of your ranger, all day long. I can't imagine going through what you have been through.

Continue getting better and back to your old self.

GLad your back. I hope and pray for a full recovery . I did not realize how serious wn was until following your story. Wishing you the best from here on .

Latest posts