• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Backards calf

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Rancher3!

Reaction score
Had to help first cow of the season yesterday, was backwards and big but all turned out OK. Got looking at records same cow had backwards calf 2 years ago. Wondering if there is a pattern here, whats your experience with this.

my point exactly, it was dicussed earlier but how do some of us who haven't been on here like forever find the thread to reveiw it? unless you know the exact name of the topic your hooped.

I don't know how to find old threads other than typing in a poster or a subject into search and spending a lot of time looking. Back to the topic about backwards calves.....a vet told me once that as many as 20% of all births could be backwards. As long as two feet lead the way, it can turn out alright. He said fluid in the lungs can be an issue as they seem to drain better coming head first. Now lets quit talking about this beofre we jinx each other! :shock: :wink: :lol:

hayguy said:
my point exactly, it was dicussed earlier but how do some of us who haven't been on here like forever find the thread to reveiw it? unless you know the exact name of the topic your hooped.
Telepathy maybe or Osmosis just hanging out with long time posters. It is sometimes more fun to reinvent the wheel and ask all over again isn't it? Not to jinx you H but we just had back to back one front leg back calves. Just like most things in life, presentation is important. :wink: H, nice to have you back tickling the keyboard.

per said:
hayguy said:
Telepathy maybe or Osmosis just hanging out with long time posters. It is sometimes more fun to reinvent the wheel and ask all over again isn't it? Not to jinx you H but we just had back to back one front leg back calves. Just like most things in life, presentation is important. :wink: H, nice to have you back tickling the keyboard.

I only have 3 left to sprout! If ANY OF THEM HAVE A LEG B...B....BB......BA......BBBA.....BAC...........BBB.......B...BACK,
you are gonna rue the day! :mad: :D :lol: Glad to be back too.

leanin' H said:
per said:
hayguy said:

I only have 3 left to sprout! If ANY OF THEM HAVE A LEG B...B....BB......BA......BBBA.....BAC...........BBB.......B...BACK,

Admit it H. You were a backwards calf! :lol: :p

hayguy said:

I found some topics/posts for you hayguy. I used the search, typed
in my name and found nothing. So I did it again and used NR
and quite a few came up. Heres one:

http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30199&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=backwards+calves

And then there were some on March 30, 2009, "the storm"
and then I quit looking. If this doesn't help, I can find more for you.

When I did the seach, I opened up Ranch Talk and then Posts...
hope this helps! You can do the same as me, and use NR. I just thought
of him because he usually had something to say about things like this.

gcreekrch said:
leanin' H said:
per said:

Admit it H. You were a backwards calf! :lol: :p

My halo kept getting hung up. :D Actually, i heard my mother was already trying to adopt me off before birth, so i showed up early and talked her out of it! :wink:

Don't worry about highjacking the tread I couldn't even spell right to begin with. Haven't had any other backwards calves but don't watch rhem all come out either! Just seemed strange same cow, and maybe last backwards calf almost 2 years ago. I feel same. Not sure what has been discussed just looken for info. Been calving for about a week and 35 done so a good start

Latest posts