• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bad ATV accident

Help Support Ranchers.net:

BRG

Reaction score
I have a good friend whose 9 year old son was killed in a 4 wheeler wreck early this week. Somehow another boy and him were driving and hit a ditch or washout real hard. The other boy was hurt but will be ok.

It is so sad to see something so terrible happen to someone so young. But at least he is in Gods hands now.

Just had some 'atv' controversy here our neighbors let their kids drive them alot. Anyway their 8 year old shows up here helmetless after a 2 mile ride on a busy grid road. Her Mom sent her to pick our girls up for a play day. Needless to say they didn't go-you have to wonder where common sense goes. Maybe it's hypocritical I don't let them atv but they ride horseback but guess I'll live with that decision. I can't imagine that families pain.

ATV's go a lot faster than most horses and they ain't got any "horse sense". Most horses that a person would let a kid ride will take care of them. An ATV ain't got no brains or consience.(sp)

I agree with you guys. Horses are one thing, and dangerous enough, but a 4-wheeler is something else entirely. A 9-year old should not be driving a 4-wheeler unsupervised, ESPECIALLY with another boy on the back.

One boy is a boy, two boys are half a boy, and three boys are no boys at all.

Sorry, but that line is really true.

I feel badly for the parents, I am sure they are second-guessing themselves now. Gosh, nothing is as hard to take as the loss of a child.

A young father nearby in ND was in a 4-wheeler wreck this spring. He lost his temper and was going too fast, the way I understand it, and he is paralyzed from the waist down. It is so sad.

Latest posts