• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bad for America..Good for terrorist..Good for the demo-crats

Help Support Ranchers.net:

BBJ

Reaction score
http://democraticleader.house.gov/press/releases.cfm?pressReleaseID=1659

"Today's Supreme Court decision reaffirms the American ideal that all are entitled to the basic guarantees of our justice system. This is a triumph for the rule of law.

"The rights ofdue(you would think the House democrtic leader could at least afford to have a junior high english student review her website for grammer errors :wink: ) process are among our most cherished liberties, and today's decision is a rebuke of the Bush Administration's detainee policiesand (help couldn't find this word in the dictionary, please will one of you libs define this one for me.) a reminder of our responsibility to protect both the American people and our Constitutional rights. (not those of the terrorists)We cannot allow the values on which our country was founded to become a casualty in the war on terrorism."

Talk about being off your rocker, this woman just defined the demo-cratic party and no one in that party has the guts to speeak out against her. TOO FUNNY! I think billiary needs to run in '08 with this woman as her VP.

nancy pelosi????? She's probably the best player on our team.

You are so enertaining, BBJ. You can't refute the statement, so you nitpick the typing and grammer. :) It's ok, though, people understand that Bush got his face slapped by the Supreme Court. They understand that the Court holds the Geneva Conventions, which protect our own military, in high regard, even though Bush doesn't.

Ok dis, I know you are blinded by hatred for your President, so I'll break this statement by pelosi down just a little for you. 8)

"Today's Supreme Court decision reaffirms the American ideal that all are entitled to the basic guarantees of our justice system. This is a triumph for the rule of law. "

When she says "ALL", she is basically lumping you, me, passin thru, bin laden, faster horses, nonthing, alibaba, katrina, ted kennedy, saddam, mike, soapweed and every other American citizen with,..... heres the word your leader used, "ALL" terrorists. So if ALL are entitled to OUR justice system then what?

Now as for the spelling and grammer that's just common sense something you and your demo-cratic leader are obviously lacking at this point in time. Thanks for the compliment though on being entertaining, not "ENERTAINING". :lol2: :clap: :lol2: :clap: looks like you and ole pelosi are in lockstep together in the grammer and common sense categories. :dunce:

No but seriously I shouldn't poke fun at those mistakes because after all I'll make one someday and get grilled for it, and for the fact that it's just not nice or politically correct to point out others failures. They were probably just a victim of big business and oil companies.

BBJ said:
Ok dis, I know you are blinded by hatred for your President, so I'll break this statement by pelosi down just a little for you. 8)

"Today's Supreme Court decision reaffirms the American ideal that all are entitled to the basic guarantees of our justice system. This is a triumph for the rule of law. "

When she says "ALL", she is basically lumping you, me, passin thru, bin laden, faster horses, nonthing, alibaba, katrina, ted kennedy, saddam, mike, soapweed and every other American citizen with,..... heres the word your leader used, "ALL" terrorists. So if ALL are entitled to OUR justice system then what?

Now as for the spelling and grammer that's just common sense something you and your demo-cratic leader are obviously lacking at this point in time. Thanks for the compliment though on being entertaining, not "ENERTAINING". :lol2: :clap: :lol2: :clap: looks like you and ole pelosi are in lockstep together in the grammer and common sense categories. :dunce:

No but seriously I shouldn't poke fun at those mistakes because after all I'll make one someday and get grilled for it, and for the fact that it's just not nice or politically correct to point out others failures. They were probably just a victim of big business and oil companies.

The actual press release:
""Today's Supreme Court decision reaffirms the American ideal that all are entitled to the basic guarantees of our justice system. This is a triumph for the rule of law.

"The rights ofdue process are among our most cherished liberties, and today's decision is a rebuke of the Bush Administration's detainee policies and a reminder of our responsibility to protect both the American people and our Constitutional rights. We cannot allow the values on which our country was founded to become a casualty in the war on terrorism."

So tell me, BBJ, what did the Supreme court actually say? Where is Ms Pelosi wrong about this decision?

My emphasis.

dis I already showed you where she is wrong, and you know it, you just refuse to see anything but "Bush lied". Your agenda is really getting old. As for the Supreme Court you can look up and see what they actually said, your pretty good at cutting and pasting so why don't you go look it up, read into it what you want it to say, then come back here and put :lol: "your emphasis" on it and prove to all that what is bad for America is good for you and your party.

BBJ said:
dis I already showed you where she is wrong, and you know it, you just refuse to see anything but "Bush lied". Your agenda is really getting old. As for the Supreme Court you can look up and see what they actually said, your pretty good at cutting and pasting so why don't you go look it up, read into it what you want it to say, then come back here and put :lol: "your emphasis" on it and prove to all that what is bad for America is good for you and your party.

You're a coward, BBJ. You put out part of Pelosi's statement, ridicule it, not necessarily because of the content, but because it has misspellings or bad typing, or grammer. When I challenge you to actually discuss the statement, you turn tail and run. Plus, the people at GitMo haven't been convicted of anything, though the Bush Administration has held them for up to three years. Three years of their lives are gone. The Administration has admitted some of them will just be released, not charged with anything, but they've lost three years of their lives! That's not my America. President Bush, himself, has said he wants that place closed. It's a blight on the reputation of the United States.

Well, according the article in the WSJ, the Supreme Court did not totally back our agreements under the Geneva Convention and other treaties we have signed. Friday June 30 A-1 to A-9 WSJ

"At various times, administration lawyers have argued that the commander-in-chief power permitted the president to disregard laws prohibiting torture--and, in this case, provisions of the Geneva Conventions and other treaties protecting enemy prisoners. That broad assertion of war powers has shown up in other administration actions that critics said run afoul of the law."

(snip--thanks flounder)

"Describing the opinion as a "limited" one, Justice Stevens said the court merely was affirming that if the president sought to prosecute enemy prisoners, he must do so in accord with existing laws of war, not create new ones he found "convenient." A plurality also found that the single charge against Mr. Hamdan, one of conspiracy, wasn't a war crime.

The case brought a contentious end to the first term of the Roberts Court, Justices Antonin Scalia, Clarence Thomas, and Samuel Alito vigorously dissented, contending that the Detainee Treatment Act, a law passed Dec. 30, required the court to dismiss the case, and castigated the majority's "audacity" in second-guessing the president."

This issue holds some very important precidents that we need to be careful of violating. We can not allow the undermining of the protections under the law for citizens to be compromised because of the mob mentality to "get these bad guys". I am all for "getting the bad guys" but we need an administration and bureaucracy that is competent enough to do it withought selling out our civil protections.

This is the trial the president must win and I hope he does.

The first rule in College english is the nits count in formal english because your credibility will be defined by your diction. On some internet message board, typos are cool, but the leader of a party in Congress should use proper english if she's able.

Brad S said:
The first rule in College english is the nits count in formal english because your credibility will be defined by your diction. On some internet message board, typos are cool, but the leader of a party in Congress should use proper english if she's able.

I doubt that Nancy Pelosi typed that news release.

Brad S said:

Brad, don't carry this too far, President Bush has his own well laughed at english problems.

Disagreeable said:
BBJ said:

You're a coward, BBJ. You put out part of Pelosi's statement, ridicule it, not necessarily because of the content, but because it has misspellings or bad typing, or grammer. When I challenge you to actually discuss the statement, you turn tail and run. Plus, the people at GitMo haven't been convicted of anything, though the Bush Administration has held them for up to three years. Three years of their lives are gone. The Administration has admitted some of them will just be released, not charged with anything, but they've lost three years of their lives! That's not my America. President Bush, himself, has said he wants that place closed. It's a blight on the reputation of the United States.

ARE YOU ACTUALLY THAT IGNORANT? You said I only put out part of her statement.....WRONG AGAIN dis, I put a link to HER website and cut and paste the entire statement as it appears there. You obviously didn't look into it you just went into defense mode. I told you where I thought she was wrong in her statement and you've missed it more than once now. Here it is again hope you get it this time "When she says "ALL", she is basically lumping you, me, passin thru, bin laden, faster horses, nonthing, alibaba, katrina, ted kennedy, saddam, mike, soapweed and every other American citizen with,..... heres the word your leader used, "ALL" terrorists. So if ALL are entitled to OUR justice system then what? "

and again "When she says "ALL", she is basically lumping you, me, passin thru, bin laden, faster horses, nonthing, alibaba, katrina, ted kennedy, saddam, mike, soapweed and every other American citizen with,..... heres the word your leader used, "ALL" terrorists. So if ALL are entitled to OUR justice system then what?"

But instead of telling me your interpretation of it and where I am wrong, you pull a typical demo-crat move and call names.

You are becoming more insignificant by the day. Oh and Brad S is right about using correct english even if she didn't type it herself, she should at least employee someone that is capable of doing what is expected of our children.

Latest posts