• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bad Wtreck Update

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
Well my neighbor isn't doing too good-they can't seem to get him breathing off a respirator and has some infection inside. Wife says no use going to see him as he can't really recognize you. That @##$%^^% bull gets his lead pill on Tuesday.

Very sad report, N. R . Goes to show ya how fast things can change in life. One minute your good to go and the next . . .

Somebody said one time long ago, ". . . there is but a step between me and death."

What??? They haven't shot that damn bull yet??? He would've been long dead by now if it'd been one of ours.

Hope everything comes all right for your neighbour.

Real sorry to hear that about your neighbor. I myself raise Brahma x roughstock bulls on the side of raising beef cattle and I know what a bull can and will do when he gets reved up. We ve crossed a few up with mexican so they they have the attitude to fight. Up until 2 years ago I was away almost every weekend protecting bull riders from bulls so I know how to handle myself around them, but Im still cautious. I ve been knocked down, threw around and horned by a few but never had a serious injury. As my grandpa always says you never trust any bull. He always gets upset when he sees me taking my chances handling the big buggers! :roll: If i owned that bull that did this to your neighbor I would have shot him on the spot, no mercy!

I would rate bulls one of the most dangerous things on the ranch ,if not the most dangerous,and these so called gentle bulls are the worst.I had a run in with one and learned a hard lesson about gentle bulls...........good luck

yeah Manitoba were in the same deal a bit-one thing about our buckers you tend to respect them and treat them that way. Like I said before those old exotic bulls can be bad dudes. Was tagging calves this A'M and had a bit of a go round with a second calver-my girls didn't know how quick their Dad is till today. My neighbor was kinda crippled up before all this so it's gonna be a long haul for him.

Tough deal Northern Rancher-never know when the one with your name on it will get you...

I had an experience much like yours today- just after getting some cows moved to a new pasture one old gal decided to calve--slipped back by to tag it and walked down into the deep draw she was in -- not worried since it was an old milk cows calf- forgot all about the old dog that was just trailing along behind me---She was fine until she saw that dog-- then she never really took me, but stuck her nose close enough into my business that we met head to head---Luckily, like my wife says, you can't hurt me hitting me there.....

Northern Rancher,

All I can say is our hearts are with your neighbor, and hindsight is 20/20. Let this be a lesson for those of us on Ranchers.Net.

Hanta Yo

It is a very sad situation your friend is in and my heart goes out to him and his wife.
However, about him not being able to recognize folks: he actually may be able to at some level. There is an awareness often, even if a person cannot speak. So a visit from you might give him a boost even though you might think he hasn't known you. And they say touching the persons shoulders is often comforting to them though they may not have sensation in the lower arms. I guess they've learned this when a person finally comes out of a coma. Maybe Ranchwife has some more recent learnings.

His wife says when he does come around all he does is swear and ask for his hat and boots-he's real heavily medicated. He had a real bad chuckwagon wreck about 20 years ago and was kind of held together with pins and things already. The guy is incredibly tough thats for sure.

Northern Rancher said:
His wife says when he does come around all he does is swear and ask for his hat and boots-he's real heavily medicated. He had a real bad chuckwagon wreck about 20 years ago and was kind of held together with pins and things already. The guy is incredibly tough thats for sure.

Friend of mine fell backwards on the ice and hit his head hard a couple of years ago. Had a bad concussion and when he started regaining conciousness he had the worst disposition you could imagine. He turned from a nice, friendly gentleman into a cursing fiend. The things he would say shocked everybody. His poor wife was appalled.

But slowly, over a period of several weeks, he became his normal old self and made a complete recovery. So you never know . . .

Oldtimer said:
Tough deal Northern Rancher-never know when the one with your name on it will get you...

I had an experience much like yours today- just after getting some cows moved to a new pasture one old gal decided to calve--slipped back by to tag it and walked down into the deep draw she was in -- not worried since it was an old milk cows calf- forgot all about the old dog that was just trailing along behind me---She was fine until she saw that dog-- then she never really took me, but stuck her nose close enough into my business that we met head to head---Luckily, like my wife says, you can't hurt me hitting me there.....
Hm-m-m-m.- - -some of these cows are smarter than you might think.

Latest posts