• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bag Balm

Help Support Ranchers.net:

kolanuraven

Reaction score
We have our fair share of " move-ins" here in the South. They seem to think that us " locals" are all a bunch of hicks and how did we survive before THEY moved in.
Anyway...the other day I was in Walmart getting some supplies and I went over to the critter section. There was this nice, prissy looking little lady...about 70-ish I'd say. She was looking at a container of Bag Balm. I reached past her and got one for myself to use on dry hands this winter. She smiled nice and I made the comment that wasn't it funny that something that GrandPa used on the milk cows bag was now considered a " beauty item". She looked at me rather puzzled and asked to explain. I did. She looked horrified when I showed her the pic of the cows bag on the side on of the tin. She immediately placed it back on the shelf then moved rather quickly away to tell this story to her lady friend who was with her. She was not pleased with the info I gave her and she found on the tin.

I later found out that she complained to the manager about having products for " lowly beasts" --she was from NYC--that could be purchased for human use.

It takes all kinds I suppose

I'd put more value and trust in those loley beast's than I would someone from NEW YORK CITY...

Hoof Maker is good for your fingernails too. along with mane n tail conditioner (makes yer hair grow fast)

If someone were to lookin in my shower, or medicine cabinet, they'd prolly assume that I am brangin the animals into the house to treat. hehe :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd of really astonished her, because I would of called it "Tit Salve"....thats what we call it. Bag Balm that is what a NYC lady would call it....on the ranch its Tit salve!

Excuse me miss while I reach around you and grab me a can of tit salve! She'd of prolly had an attack or else hit me.

haha...some people don't you just want to rub cow **** all over them just for the fun of it? Prissy NYC freaks anyway.....

YOu should of told her that it works great on humans to...so this winter if she ever got chaffed..... :lol: :lol:

Well...yeah GrandPa called it Tit Salve also...but she'd called the law down on me if I d said that...just by the way she reacted as it was!!!

Yeah, I always have folks who want me to call them when a cow is calving...they want to see " nature in action"... Somehow they seem to think that bunnies come out to watch and butterflies are all about...just like in the kiddie movies. They have no idea of all the goo and crap that goes along with it!!

At least I gave her something to talk about all that day.

There is a local mechanic that is getting up in years and has diabetes pretty bad. About three years ago, he went to the big city with his wife and wore his dress shoes for the occasion. They traipsed around the shopping mall for two or three hours, and his stiff shoe wore a hole in the side of his foot. Having diabetes, the wound would not heal. He tried everything that a couple different doctors recommended and went several months with the wound not healing. He decided to try bag balm, and within three weeks the sore had completely healed. It made a believer out of him.

kolanuraven said:
Well...yeah GrandPa called it Tit Salve also...but she'd called the law down on me if I d said that...just by the way she reacted as it was!!!

Yeah, I always have folks who want me to call them when a cow is calving...they want to see " nature in action"... Somehow they seem to think that bunnies come out to watch and butterflies are all about...just like in the kiddie movies. They have no idea of all the goo and crap that goes along with it!!

At least I gave her something to talk about all that day.
Maybe you should have said somthing like it makes old BAGS disappear. :D

It deserves a NY story anyway.

A city slicker from New York moves to the country and decides he's going to start farming. He goes to the local co-op and tells the man, "Give me 100 baby chickens." The co-op man complies. A week later the man returns and says, "Give me 200 baby chickens." The co-op man complies. Again, a week later the man returns. This time he says, "Give me 500 baby chickens." "Wow!" the co-op man replies. "You must really be doing well. "Naw," said the man with a sigh. "I'm either planting them too deep or too far apart!"

A couple from the city bought a ranch and wanted to go into the cattle business.
After a year went by, the new rancher went to see his neighbor. "I have 200 cows, but I don't have any calves," he complained. "Would you come over and see what I am doing wrong?"

"Sure", said the neighboring rancher. He went over to take a look. He drove around and looked things over. Coming back to the house he told the new rancher what he thought was wrong. "You don't have any bulls", he said. "You've got to have bulls to have calves."

The next year, here came the new rancher again. "I got bulls," he said. "But I still don't have any calves."

So the neighbor went over once again to see if he could help solve the problem. As he drove around he realized what had happened.

The new rancher had sold all the cows and replaced them with 200 bulls.
:???: :roll: :shock: :? :oops: :wink:

Faster horses said:
A couple from the city bought a ranch and wanted to go into the cattle business.
After a year went by, the new rancher went to see his neighbor. "I have 200 cows, but I don't have any calves," he complained. "Would you come over and see what I am doing wrong?"

"Sure", said the neighboring rancher. He went over to take a look. He drove around and looked things over. Coming back to the house he told the new rancher what he thought was wrong. "You don't have any bulls", he said. "You've got to have bulls to have calves."

The next year, here came the new rancher again. "I got bulls," he said. "But I still don't have any calves."

So the neighbor went over once again to see if he could help solve the problem. As he drove around he realized what had happened.

The new rancher had sold all the cows and replaced them with 200 bulls.
:???: :roll: :shock: :? :oops: :wink:

I seriously hope that isn't a true story! :roll:

Soapweed said:
There is a local mechanic that is getting up in years and has diabetes pretty bad. About three years ago, he went to the big city with his wife and wore his dress shoes for the occasion. They traipsed around the shopping mall for two or three hours, and his stiff shoe wore a hole in the side of his foot. Having diabetes, the wound would not heal. He tried everything that a couple different doctors recommended and went several months with the wound not healing. He decided to try bag balm, and within three weeks the sore had completely healed. It made a believer out of him.

We just had a diabetic friend here last night with a foot ulcer that won't heal. We'll have to find some bag balm for her to try.

Faster horses said:
Gpsh, Tibbs, you didn't even laugh!

BTW, been playing any poker lately?

I haven't played for a long time....i haven't downloaded that site again since my computer took a dump on me. Plus work has been driving me to drink lately so I haven't had much time to just sit and play poker! haha...I'll be back someday to take your money!! You better be practiced up....oh and I picked up a bunch more pecans last night! I hope you got your nippers out and are ready to shell the nasty things!!!

Latest posts