• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bald eagle

Help Support Ranchers.net:

LazyWP

Reaction score
My daughter is a zoo keeper in Kansas, and at the zoo, they have a Raptor recovery center. They got in this Bald Eagle that had been shot. Stacie got "taloned" while they were putting it under, for the surgery. This is a shot after the bullet was removed, and while the bird was waking up. Notice the smile she has? Its all about doing what you love.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/14319_10151334273053255_1035014698_n.jpg

Guess I don't know how to get the picture to show up, after stealing it from her Facebook page.

LazyWP said:
My daughter is a zoo keeper in Kansas, and at the zoo, they have a Raptor recovery center. They got in this Bald Eagle that had been shot. Stacie got "taloned" while they were putting it under, for the surgery. This is a shot after the bullet was removed, and while the bird was waking up. Notice the smile she has? Its all about doing what you love.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/14319_10151334273053255_1035014698_n.jpg

Guess I don't know how to get the picture to show up, after stealing it from her Facebook page.

14319_10151334273053255_1035014698_n.jpg

I never realized they were that big unless that one just has a big haid, looks like he is on the peck :D
good luck

Hope she is okay, those talons are serious. Seems like most of the zoo keepers I've met take that kind of stuff in stride. They're tougher than I am.

The baldies are pretty good sized, but compared to a Golden Eagle, they look like chickens. We have a couple pairs of both here. Fun to watch, but they are still a SCAVENGER!!

The only time I have heard Staice complain about an animal getting her, was when a big cat broke a claw off in her arm.

It is kinda funny to watch these so called animal experts, deal with large critters. I picked up 3 Buffalo from the zoo one time. The cow was kinda sour, like cows can be, and wouldn't load in the trailer. The zoo crew were all standing in the wrong spots, with their guns, in case one escaped. Anyhow, I got mad, and told them all to just get back. Stacie and I got in the pen, I swatted the cow across the nose with a sorting stick. She loaded right up. They were all amazed.

3 M L & C said:
Did that happen to be the bird I heard about shot in NC Kansas. And did they find out who did it?

I am sure that is the bird. She works at the zoo in Great Bend. Can't tell you if they figured out who shot it.

Not sure who shot it but the coyote hunters around Tipton got the blame. They got in a mess of trouble last year as they got caught shooting deer and chopping off the heads and leaving the rest. They were selling the antlers online. They have been doing this for a while and I think they pretty much just got around a $500 fine. Because of but wipes like these if you tell people you hunt coyotes they automatically think your bad news.

3 M L & C said:
Not sure who shot it but the coyote hunters around Tipton got the blame. They got in a mess of trouble last year as they got caught shooting deer and chopping off the heads and leaving the rest. They were selling the antlers online. They have been doing this for a while and I think they pretty much just got around a $500 fine. Because of but wipes like these if you tell people you hunt coyotes they automatically think your bad news.

I am not so sure they weren't from over west of Norton. Anyway I heard that a guy I graduated from highschool with, 30 years ago, got in all kinds of trouble. Something about his hounds, and deer, spotlight, and all that.

Bald eagles are a pain
in the ass around
calving time
they are alive and well
here in minnesota
they otta put a season
on um, don't know how
you'd cook one tho

Latest posts