• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bale deck

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Dew Eze or Falcon? Which is your preference and why?
The deckplate that moves for your arm linkage seems to get bent on the falcans. I dont know how guys do it? Falcons seem a bit heavier built overall than dewezz and ive seen dewezz bent up. Both look like great decks so for me it would probably be about price and who is closest dealer
I'm still using a jiffydeck .

I use a heavy shop built Hydrabed style one mounted on an old army 6X6 myself, but I've noticed that young and nimble folks tend to prefer the parallel squeeze types like the old style Deweze. They can flip bales, stack and perform all sorts of tricks with them and are quite happy using wireless remotes. In fact, I'll bet most have searched the apps to see if they could operate it from their iPhone! Lol! Most, stiff necked old farts like me prefer the pivot arm type like the Falcan that open wide enough to (hopefully) give us a peek at the arms through the side view mirrors and prefer a cord on our controller so we can keep track of the dang thing. Deweze makes a pivot style one too. Nobody has built a bed yet that couldn't be broken! When it's 40 below and you are bouncing over frozen ruts carrying heavy icy bales, sooner or later, either the bale bed or the truck's going to fail!

We run a DewEZE Pivot bed and had a parallel squeeze before that. Pros and cons to each. We have only ever run Dew Eze beds and they have been pretty tough. Biggest thing we learned was that a 1 ton is nowhere near heavy enough. Biggest improvement in the deck was upsizing to a 550 truck (They are cheaper than a 350 anyway). Also the remote control is the greatest way to run a wire roller on the back of the deck.

Latest posts