• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

bale king processor

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I have a Bale King model 2000 ( bought in 2000 ) LH feed no gearbox. Its done several thousand bales replaced one orbit motor ( $800.00 bucks ). Bigger rubber on back would make it a bit more stable but the 2020 model will likely have that allready. I like my machine it performs well.

I ve had several bale kings and they are a damn good unit. The only thing I dont like is having to burn out the twine. Very hard on the lungs when the smoke gets bad. The 2020 does it have the big grain tank on the front of the hitch? We ve got a 3110 RH and I dont know what I would do without it.

Manitoba is right on the money. Right now our makes the rounds, probably better than 30 miles a day, pretty much completely trouble free. Really a timesaver.

Now that it's with Degelman, are they still making a unit with the grain tank, and will they still manufacture parts for it? Couldn't find it on their website.

I also have a bale king with the grain tank on the back. Best peace of iron I have ever owned. It's 7 years old and the only thing I have replaced is shear bolts.

Have any of you had to replace many of the flails on your Bale Kings? That seems to be a weakness with our Highline although we do put quite a few silage bales through it.

Bill said:
Have any of you had to replace many of the flails on your Bale Kings? That seems to be a weakness with our Highline although we do put quite a few silage bales through it.
Actually no, I think they're thicker. Have been feeding up some bad meadow hay bales recently that have a few pieces of Cottonwood branches in them. Makes a hell of a racket when one goes through, but nothing broke yet.

Bill said:
Replaced about a dozen the first week because of a manufacturing defect(warranty of course). A couple since than in the last 5 years and I"ve also done quite a few silage bales with it. They tend to go through better in that nice -30 degree weather if you know what I mean :wink:

Actually some of the earlier models of Bale Kings had weak flails in them. I had one I believe it was a model 2000 and the flails would break off and fly. I think Bridgeview did some updates and fixed that problem. We had fly out and hit a cow but didnt hurt her too bad. I think Degelman is keeping the model with the grain tank on the back like we have. And yes they are stocking parts.

Pure it would be nice to have the option to supplement poor forage or to take advantage of mixing more cost effective feed. Up until now the cows have been on rye greenfeed which is not that nutritious. I am having my feed analysis done this week to determine if I have any deficiencies (and to justify the purchase of the bale processor)

I use my grain tank when I am short of hay. One winter we fed a lot of barley straw and we used the grain tank every day to supplement the cows.

A friend had a demo with a Bale King with the front mounted tank and had to send it back; it was just to long to easily get in and out of pens when bedding. He kept his old BaleKing which has been a good machine for him. We use a Highline and have had very few problems with flails- and this machine definately gets lots of use in just about every kind of bale you can imagine!

a couple of my neighbours bought the highline (low end models) last year. Bales keep getting stuck in them. They had the company rep out last weak to look at the problem. I haven't heard the results yet.

First post here...Been reading for awhile and decided to join...
I have a bunch of cornstalk bales carried over from last year. Does anyone know if a bale proccessor would work good for feeding those?

Latest posts