• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Baler question

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Nicky

Reaction score
Does anyone have a newer Vermeer with a pickup clutch on it? We're thinking of getting a new baler and this is an option. If it would help that would be fine but if it's something to go wrong why bother. Thanks in advance

I think my 605N has a clutch on it. It does stop the pickup when the net is going on and has stopped it when over fed but it takes alot to over feed it.

Thanks, any problems with it? Mike talked to the Cosmo Kid today and they have one also.

Really like our 605N, but we did break the big hex shaft off the end of the drive roller. Nicely off warranty of course. According to the dealer they don't break, so I guess we were just lucky. Other than that it has been fantastic.

Next June I'll be pulling a 568 JD that will have 60,000 bales counted through it. Probably 5,000 mis-wraps. Not saying that's the best baler, but it has been busy. Just buy parts...

I don't know how balers cash flow. We shag ours with a 4430. Radio sucks. Rake 4430 barely has a radio. 6625 ish thru them last year. Ain't too concerned with modern features.

Latest posts