• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

baler tearing net wrap

Help Support Ranchers.net:

tlakota

Reaction score
Weve had our 567 baler with net wrap for 3 years now and about every 15 bales the net wrap tears on a part of the bale and then wraps around the top roller. Do any of you have an idea what is doing this? My dealer hasnt been too helpful yet

tlakota said:
Weve had our 567 baler with net wrap for 3 years now and about every 15 bales the net wrap tears on a part of the bale and then wraps around the top roller. Do any of you have an idea what is doing this? My dealer hasnt been too helpful yet
Check all your roller bearings, especially the large roller clear in the back underneath where the wrap sets....PDQ!

Ya i think the rollers are fine...that knife is supposed to cut that netting of straight across isnt it? When i kick out a bale i notice that the netting isnt cut of straight so i wonder if it could be something with the knife

Something you might check is for mud on one of the rollers. My BIL just got a 568 this yr and put net on it. He was talking about it the other day that once in a while it is picking up the net on a roller from mud build up. He has only made a little over a 1000 bales so far this year so he hasn't really got a handle on all the quirks of this new unit. He and my FIL have had 530's,535's,566's,567's and now this 568 and he has had about everything you can imagine happen to them but this is the first one he has had net on.
You could also be on to something with the knife that cuts it as in my opinion it should cut it off sqaure and nice so it would be even for the next bale. Hope this helps.. 8)

I have never been around a JD but I know on the NH if the brake isn't stoping the net right it will cause that problem. Does the deere use an brake on the inside of the roll? If they do the cardbaord could be bad and it will cause that problem.

Had the same problem on a vermeer during cornstalk harvest.. Mud was the best indicator of what was causing the problem.. Spent way to much time cleaning that darn thing to avoid all he problems associated with that silty mud that was caused from the type of tillage done.. Only 3 more months and I can be back out there again, can't say I am looking forward to that.

My neighbor bales for me with a Vermeer 605M. He also was having trouble with torn wrap. He was saying the net is made in Greece and that it is a lighter quality than previous and the balers are a bit sensitive to the weight of the wrap. This is what he told me when he was apologizing for some of the scrappy looking bales he was kicking out.

Can't say I know where my netwrap came from.. Don't think I looked at it but know my neighbor who baled the year before with a 567 had a ton of trouble too with wrap tearing.. Could be a stalk think for all I know, or could be crappy wrap... If I was doing hay I would probably be using sisel as it is cheaper and not plastic. Might even do it on stalks for 20 or so just because, we used to do it that way but people keep telling us you can't

:? :???:

Latest posts