• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Barack Obama Blames Health Care Costs On Farmers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

srd65

Reaction score
Barack Obama Blames Health Care Costs On Farmers

Nov 2, 2008 10:22 PM, By: Joe Roybal

Anyone involved in agriculture should take special heed of the comments by Barack Obama made in a recent TIME magazine article.

In the article, as reported by the Associated Press, the Democratic nominee for president said U.S. agriculture was more polluting than the transportation sector. He also said U.S. agriculture was "partly responsible for the explosion in our health care costs because they're contributing to Type 2 diabetes, stroke and heart disease, obesity, all that things that are driving our huge explosion in health care costs."

Obama was citing the writings of Michael Pollan, a professor of journalism at the University of California-Berkeley.

A press conference called by the McCain-Palin campaign on Saturday seized on the issue, and rightly so. At the press conference, Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa and Charlie Kruse, a fourth-generation Missouri farmer, criticized what they called "Obama's attack on American farmers."

Charlie Kruse added, "If Senator Obama is taking policy hints from professors at California-Berkeley, he's got a fundamental lack of understanding of agriculture in the U.S. If his programs get implemented, it would increase malnutrition and poverty around the world."

Once again Obama demonstrates the chancy proposition that a person with no practical experience in anything but running for office presents. Such a person must become a sponge for ideas and concepts from those around him, and sadly this episode again exhibits how Obama tends to ally himself with the more radical and leftist elements of U.S. society, as evidenced by his associations with race baiters like Jeremiah Wright and Louis Farrakhan, the unrepentant '60s terrorist William Ayers, and others.

http://beefmagazine.com/election/11-02-obama-health-care-farmers/index.html

tmdho081030.gif

This isn't a cartoon so ot probably can't understand but here goes
obama_wright.jpg

fill in the blank that goes with the pic GOD _______ AMERICA

srd65 said:
Once again Obama demonstrates the chancy proposition that a person with no practical experience in anything but running for office presents. Such a person must become a sponge for ideas and concepts from those around him, and sadly this episode again exhibits how Obama tends to ally himself with the more radical and leftist elements of U.S. society.

http://beefmagazine.com/election/11-02-obama-health-care-farmers/index.html

This is what scares me about him. I hope I'm wrong.

U.S. agriculture was "partly responsible for the explosion in our health care costs because they're contributing to Type 2 diabetes, stroke and heart disease, obesity, all that things that are driving our huge explosion in health care costs.

It's not the farmers to blame, it's the governments cheap food policy and the subsidies that make this type of agriculture, that is of concern, the norm.

I suggest reading Michael Pollan's article, it's a bit lengthy. I agree with a lot ot the things he says, his book The Omnivore's Dillemma generated a lot of sales for me. Both his book and the documentary King Corn started with looking at your hair with a Mass Spectophotometer and seeing how much of your body is made of corn, by looking at a carbon isotope that is traced back to corn. Corn itself isn't bad, it's the processing and the fact that it's in everything as a processed product.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/12/magazine/12policy-t.html[/url

Latest posts