• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Barb Wire

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Stretch

Reaction score
Up town earlier and priced some new barb wire at Orschelin's and WOW :shock: !! Guess I should've been buying more 10 or so yrs back. I seem to remember being able to buy it for about 35.00 not all that long ago (or is oldtimers setting in)? :lol: . I got a price of 66.00 up town and no discount for 10+ or pallet or anything. Does anyone know of any place in my part of the country that isn't quite so proud of their wire?

Good grief. Last year I paid $54.00. I hope it hasn't jumped like that here.

Link
http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?storeId=10551&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&pageSize=20&beginIndex=0&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&error1=&ip_text=Barb+Wire&ip_textHH=Barb+Wire&ip_requestUri=CategoryDisplay&ip_categoryId=14297&ip_mode=&ip_perPage=20

haven't priced it lately, but we usually buy it by the pallet to save a whopping $1.00/spool. Atleast that doesn't seem like much of a volume discount to me. :D

Just bought 10 rolls this week for $67.60 and that was from a private dealer, farm store listed it at $70 on sale.

I bought a pallet of Red Brand last summer for $54 a roll. With the price of steel going down I thought it would be less now.

I think it's in the mid 50's up here-I haven't bought any for 25 years or so-all our new fences are smooth. I might build a bit of barb out in the bush where it's hard to change fencers.

I did stock up last year on barb wire and steel posts. Wish I had bought more because it's like investing in precious metals! :wink:

Red Brand barb & barbless wie is $70.95/roll. Take off $1/each in pallet quantities of 27 rolls.

5 1/2' 1.33 lb/ft T-posts are $4.65 in quantities of 200. A dime more for lesser quantities. These are good American made T-posts but not Red Brand. I believe they are Chicago Heights Steel. Green/silver top. 5 clips included per post.

Barb 62.99 a roll (cdn). 100 pound spool of high tensile 88.99 as of yesterday. If it wasn't for perimeter fence, I don't think I would use Barb at all anymore, although we have some barbwire that was strung pre WWII that is still in place on the original posts.

Latest posts