• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Basic Rancher dot com

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Julie

Reaction score
For the small rancher new to the business

Martha Garrett has been writing about the ranch industry for almost 30 years...she has targeted her website to the small producer--

She says:
"While geared to folks who are new landowners and new to cattle, it also carries basic production information for all producers. My goal in writing has always been to simplify information and make it understandable for any and all readers."

http://www.basicrancher.com

Through the years she has assisted many 4-Hers. She use to host cow camp for the kids to learn to show and fit their animals, I been out of the network for a few years so not sure if she still does it or not. But, she is quiet the lady in and around our area. My ex was an county agent, we bought a lot of show calves from her through out the years.

Thanks for posting the site Julie.

Easty

Thanks this is one of the most helpful topics. This should help this city girl learn alot before I have to start taking care of some myself.
Hail if I can change a coil and ignition modual I can handle some cows.

...just try not to get the cows too 'Charged Up'...

AHHHH HA HA HA HA ! ! !

:p

I really enjoyed the website and information, filled in a few blanks for an ol' dummy blonde like me :lol:

Latest posts